Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX 11...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i THINK i am having problems with dolphin. I checked my directX version and i have directX version 11. Do you guys think that might make my games slow?
Intel Core Duo 2.4 GHz
Nvidia 8600M GT (or GS i forget)
2GB RAM
Windows 7 32-bit
Dolphin rev 4214
In zelda wind waker (with directx9 plugin) i get around 29-30 fps indoors, but outdoors i get around 20-25 which i think is a little slow for my computer.. any ideas?

MarioMadness

(09-09-2009, 10:20 AM)thechicken Wrote: [ -> ]Well i THINK i am having problems with dolphin. I checked my directX version and i have directX version 11. Do you guys think that might make my games slow?
Intel Core Duo 2.4 GHz
Nvidia 8600M GT (or GS i forget)
2GB RAM
Windows 7 32-bit
Dolphin rev 4214
In zelda wind waker (with directx9 plugin) i get around 29-30 fps indoors, but outdoors i get around 20-25 which i think is a little slow for my computer.. any ideas?

DirectX11 is just with windows 7. it doesnt effect dolphin at all. But theres a few ways you can get more speed! Turn off enable other audio, Use frame Skip, Try Using the DirectX9 plugin,etc Tongue
try using the ogl plugin actually Tongue but you can also get 64 bit windows to get higher speeds, and post your settings please
Hm.... while using the directX plugin i enabled Force bi/trillinear and Force 16x anisotropy and i somehow am getting better FPS. I would say about 6-8 more fps than usual. The openGL plugin does look better, but is still slower than the directX one. Also why does Super Smash brothers Brawl play faster than Melee?
[attachment=1211][attachment=1212][attachment=1213][attachment=1214]
brawl has a built in frameskipper, force bi/trilinear is dumb and change the framelimit until you find the proper one for the game you are using... probably 30, 25, 50, or 60. playing with watchdog may also increase fps
do you mean frameSKIPPER? XD btw, please explain how bi/trilinear is dumb. It makes it look better at minimum performance cost.
when i used bi trilinear it made some cutscenes off wind waker look like CRAP
(09-09-2009, 11:37 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]do you mean frameSKIPPER? XD btw, please explain how bi/trilinear is dumb. It makes it look better at minimum performance cost.

yes'm i do
bi/trillinear makes my fps INCREASE..... and with the directx9 plugin, using frameskipper makes it look all black and choppy even with 1 frame skipping