Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote detected in bluetooth but does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

(I tried solving this on my own, tried searching the internet and this forum, no success, so I post this hereSmile
I have managed to pair a Wiimote with my PC, but thats almost where my success ends.
When I start Dolphin (tried 4205, 4214 and 4229) and open the wiimote window (where i have connect real wiimote and use real wiimote actiavated) then the wiimote rumbles, but that's it.

When I click on button mapping and try to test buttons it has a greyed out text <No Gamepad Detected> and no all potions and buttons remain at 0 or are not pressed.
After some short time, such as closing dolphin, waiting a bit and starting it again, even the rumbling is not done when i open the wiimote window.
For the rumbling to work again i have to completely remove the device and pair it again.

I tried another program GlovePie which is supposed to support the wii as a mouse pointer but this does not work either, no reaction at all.

I tried this on my desktop and on my laptop. In both cases Windows 7 64bit was used as operating system.

Can anyone help?

Another last question: I have been trying to run Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon running. It was reported that this works (though not 100% flawless), and there are even videos of it around.

However when I start it (tried the mentioned versions with various options) after the initial wiimote warning the screen goes black with some garbling, then completely black and fps changes to 0.
Any Ideas?

Morke
two problems here. One, you shouldn't need to map any buttons. It works by default. The button mapping is for people without wiimotes and want to use controllers.

Two, motion pointing only works if you have an ir source for the wiimote to track onto, ie a sensor bar.
(09-09-2009, 08:13 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]two problems here. One, you shouldn't need to map any buttons. It works by default. The button mapping is for people without wiimotes and want to use controllers.

Two, motion pointing only works if you have an ir source for the wiimote to track onto, ie a sensor bar.

Thanx. I think the gui is not very intuitive or rather misleading here.
Normally (when mapping other controllers) you expect to press a button on the controller, here it is the other way around if I understand correctly.
I think I am not the first one getting this wrong.

The motion pointing was never the issue.
I now copied Zelda TP off the disc to run it on pc and that works, with buttons and pointing and all (though as usual fps sometimes a bit low).

I cannot manage getting the Wiimote working a a windows pointing device though. That would be cool sometimes. Any hints on that?

This leaves me with Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (PAL).
It now recognizes when I press a to go on, but after that the screen is garbled mostly black, then totally black as already mentioned.
I tried this even with much older builds that are closer to the ones where it was reported working (I don't have an excact mumber though), but still the same.

Any Ideas getting Spyro to work? (Btw, the GC Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly works much better, playable, except for the intro scenes where sound was out of sync and at some point game stopping to react).

Are there any resources to look up how to configure Dolphin for specific games?

Morke

MDxm

(09-09-2009, 06:57 PM)Morkeleb Wrote: [ -> ]The motion pointing was never the issue.
I now copied Zelda TP off the disc to run it on pc and that works, with buttons and pointing and all (though as usual fps sometimes a bit low).

I cannot manage getting the Wiimote working a a windows pointing device though. That would be cool sometimes. Any hints on that?

It now recognizes when I press a to go on, but after that the screen is garbled mostly black, then totally black as already mentioned.
I tried this even with much older builds that are closer to the ones where it was reported working (I don't have an excact mumber though), but still the same.

Any Ideas getting Spyro to work? (Btw, the GC Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly works much better, playable, except for the intro scenes where sound was out of sync and at some point game stopping to react).

Morke

Yeah, emulating hardware in software runs real slow. But I think it is a rather well Wii emulation this early in development Smile
Right Click games in your Dolphin list lets you change settings for each game, play around and see what works best.

About using the wiimote as a mouse replacement, there are plenty of Scripts in GlovePie 0.29, and the latest BlueSoleil developers have a program that lets you use the Wiimote for anything, setup it for games and such.
Gamii i think it's called. If you use a Bluetooth device which is Bluesoleil supported, have a go with that. Unfortunately Bluesoleil 6.x is not free.
And the trial version you download has a cap on how much info you can send through bluetooth and also how long you can use the software after install.
Bluesoleil
(09-09-2009, 10:33 PM)MDxm Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2009, 06:57 PM)Morkeleb Wrote: [ -> ]The motion pointing was never the issue.

Morke

Yeah, emulating hardware in software runs real slow. But I think it is a rather well Wii emulation this early in development Smile
Right Click games in your Dolphin list lets you change settings for each game, play around and see what works best.

About using the wiimote as a mouse replacement, there are plenty of Scripts in GlovePie 0.29, and the latest BlueSoleil developers have a program that lets you use the Wiimote for anything, setup it for games and such.
Gamii i think it's called. If you use a Bluetooth device which is Bluesoleil supported, have a go with that. Unfortunately Bluesoleil 6.x is not free.
And the trial version you download has a cap on how much info you can send through bluetooth and also how long you can use the software after install.
Bluesoleil

* Concerning wiimote as mouse:
I did try GlovePie 0.30, and it did not work.
What i did was download the program, extract it, laod the executable, browser for a wiimote script and clicked on run. Nothing happened.
- Did I do something wrong?
- Should I try 0.29 instead?

* Thanx for the info about being able to configure each game seperately.
I have tried a few options but id had no affect on Spyro.
I have tried to find good suggestions or a guide on all the options, but did not find something that covers much but only always bits.
- Can you point me somewhere to read up on all the options?

* I did not try Bluesoleil, and I doubt it is compatible with my device.
It was only detected after I installed the Logitech Drivers (Logitech MX 900 Bluetooth Optical Mouse).
And I am not willing to pay additionally for the software.
- However if you think another usb bluetooth dongle will do better and is cheap then I might give that a go. Any suggestions?

* I still have the problem that each time i want to use the wiimote i have to remote it from the list and couple it with my pc again. Just clicking on 1+2 buttons for recovery mode does not help once its registered but not actively connected.
- So how to connect the wiimote from the bluetooth device list, i see no option?

Thanx in advance!
Hi Again.

I checked further with which build Spyro was reported working, and one of the working versions is 3674.
I tried it out myself and confim that.
That does not prolerly work is sound during game (cut-cenes are ok). The main sound is played but a strange shrieking sound in background.

Maybe this can be brought to the attention of the Dolphin developers so they can have a look what code changes since 3674 make Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon fail.

Cheers, Morkeleb
Hi.

I found out there is already a defect reported about the spyro crash issue:
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...&start=100

So at least the devs know about it.

Anyone can help me with the wiimote bluetooth issue (needing to remove and and couple the device again for it to work)?
Anyone else has this problem?
How is it supposed to work normally - i mean, how to I tell the bluetooth stack or dolphin that there is a wiimote there (without removing bluetooth device and coupling it again by pressing 1+2 and letting windows detect and add it)? Just pressing buttons or doing discovery mode with buttons 1+2 does not work.

Morke
I found that builds up to revision 3831 work nicely (except the obvious sound problem and the fact that there is probably no processor out there fast enough to render the game fast enough in forest scenes later in the game and I have a Core i7 - even overrclocked to 3.33 ghz).

Builds 3841 and 3851 have graphic errors in game menu and most video scenes, and any later build crashes.

Morke