Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Micro stutering on every single game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every single game I have played such as Luigi's Mansion, Mario tennis, Punchout wii, Warioworld, NSMB they all run fine at 60 fps or 30 fps for a about a while then the fps just drop for no reason. I have tried disabling and enabling vsync on both nvidia control and dolphin and set the the fps limit to off yet i still get the micro stuttering. This may sound like a noob question but is it possible at all to play games smoothly via dolphin? I'm sure my gaming laptop is capable of at least play Mario tennis smoothly throughout the entire game.
It sounds like you're dealing with Dolphin having to generate shaders when initially playing new games (or areas of games that require new shaders). This is normal. Dolphin will cache the shaders after it generates them so they can be used later. Basically, after playing for a while, the cache contains all the shaders you'll need to eliminate microstuttering altogether or keep it at a very minimal level. So, the solution is to just keep playing Dolphin.
(06-05-2015, 12:51 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you're dealing with Dolphin having to generate shaders when initially playing new games (or areas of games that require new shaders). This is normal. Dolphin will cache the shaders after it generates them so they can be used later. Basically, after playing for a while, the cache contains all the shaders you'll need to eliminate microstuttering altogether or keep it at a very minimal level. So, the solution is to just keep playing Dolphin.

Thanks for the quick reply. But like even in the main menu of Wii punchout the FPS drops sometimes to 50 or around 50s is there no other solution at all?
Try these if you haven't already:

Make sure power cord is plugged in while using Dolphin
Under Control Panel, have Power Management set to "High Performance"
Check your temperatures
If all fails, for stutters you may want to try Ishiiruka build under dev section of the forums
Thanks again for the rapid response. I always play dolphin while plugged in and yes I have set it to high performance. The only choice now is Ishiiruka build I guess where do I get that?
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...n=lastpost

However keep it mind you will get support from this thread for this build as this is a custom build and not an official one if you decide to choose it.
So is there a specific setting for a smooth gameplay?
(06-05-2015, 01:31 AM)cyrax33 Wrote: [ -> ]Check your temperatures
(06-05-2015, 01:50 AM)Inging17 Wrote: [ -> ]So is there a specific setting for a smooth gameplay?

The important one with ishiiruka is asynchronous shader compilation, which will eliminate shader-related stutters, but will mean that when new effects or objects are supposed rendered for the first time, they won't be for the first few frames, as the shader won't be ready.
Tried tweaking all the settings with Ishiiruka still get the micro stuttering. I give up it seems theres nothing I can do about it
Pages: 1 2