Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin emulator wii motion plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

supermansback26

Does the dolphin emulator come with the wii motion plus I saw a video on youtube where this person was playing legend of Zelda skyward sword and he showed how to add the configurations for the game and on the right it showed the wii motion plus with a check mark on the dolphin emulator can I play legend of Zelda skyward sword without the wii motion plus and with a usb gamepad in place of the wii mote. Confused
Dolphin does not emulate the WiiMotion+, however, it will allow you to connect a real WiiMotion+ controller via bluetooth. This is the recommended way to play LoZ:SS in Dolphin; some actions (especially those later in the game) are extremely difficult (i.e. not fun) to do via a USB controller and keyboard. What you saw on YouTube was an unofficial branch that existed some time ago; it never made its way into any official builds.

supermansback26

(06-04-2015, 01:44 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin does not emulate the WiiMotion+, however, it will allow you to connect a real WiiMotion+ controller via bluetooth. This is the recommended way to play LoZ:SS in Dolphin; some actions (especially those later in the game) are extremely difficult (i.e. not fun) to do via a USB controller and keyboard. What you saw on YouTube was an unofficial branch that existed some time ago; it never made its way into any official builds.

Can I use an xbox 360 usb controller to emulate the wiimotion plus if you can give me any tips on how to configure a universal usb controller to play lozss I tried to configure my controller to play it the screen and it can recognize it but I did see this video on youtube https://youtu.be/-qnYLtcz5Q4 how he was able to use his xbox 360 on for the lozss game is beyond me
Like Shonumi said, you can only do it if you use the old unofficial branch.

supermansback26

(06-04-2015, 05:06 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Like Shonumi said, you can only do it if you use the old unofficial branch.

Please bit a bit more specific can I or can't I use an xbox 360 usb controller to play lozss on dolphin when the game goes to the start menu and I press on the select button on my gamepad it takes me to the reset and close page so i'm guessing that it recognizes my gamepad controller and if it does then why want it go ahead and let me play lozss.
(06-04-2015, 06:19 AM)supermansback26 Wrote: [ -> ]Please bit a bit more specific can I or can't I use an xbox 360 usb controller to play lozss on dolphin

If you are using an official release of Dolphin: No, you cannot play Skyward Sword with a gamepad.

(06-04-2015, 06:19 AM)supermansback26 Wrote: [ -> ]when the game goes to the start menu and I press on the select button on my gamepad it takes me to the reset and close page so i'm guessing that it recognizes  my gamepad controller and if it does then why want it go ahead and let me play lozss.

The game recognizes your controller as a Wii Remote. That is enough to make the game's title screen respond to your buttons, but it isn't enough to actually play the game, because it is made so that a Nunchuk and Wii MotionPlus are required. Dolphin can't emulate Wii MotionPlus, so you can't start the game.