Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Brawl: Global Netplay code glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dolphin version: 4.0-6490
Issue: Cannot disable Global Brawl Netplay Settings in Gekko code options. 
Result: Royally screwing up Brawl modes. In what way? Simple. It prevents the first or second player from pressing the start button. 

I don't know what's causing this to occur, and no matter what I do, I cannot disable the code, single player is naturally unaffected, but any Brawl mode I chose, no pausing is feasible and even choosing Stock Mode will result in an eight-minute timed battle. This is the second revision I've experienced this odd issue in, the last issue I experienced it in was 4.0-6153. I can't for the life me figure out why. I tried to manually adjust the code text file for RSBE01 and remove the global network settings code, but Dolphin just brings it back from the dead and I don't know what else I can do. Am I the only one who's having this problem? Obviously, if I disable cheats, the problem goes away, however, I like having the free camera mode and other codes that don't mess up the game. Older versions didn't do this, but I fear least I'm forever stuck with this damnable and unnecessary "code". 

Edit: And no, tried deleting the config, did nothing.

Edit 2: Tried altering the RSBE01 cheat file itself to remove the entry, somehow, it gets added back in there. There's something FUBAR.

Edit 3: Interesting, going back to revision 4.0-6000 removes the code altogether, so something in between that and the recent revisions screwed up the netplay emulation, or codes, I don't know, but something's seriously broken.

Yeah, it's definitely something jacked up in recent revisions, a regression perhaps?
Yeah, an INI issue we've had for a long time has cropped up in an ugly way. We're working on it!
(06-02-2015, 01:42 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, an INI issue we've had for a long time has cropped up in an ugly way.  We're working on it!

Dammit, sorry, man, didn't mean to flip out, I thought something was wrong on my end, and yeah, deleting the ini file did the trick, thanks again  Big Grin