Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Alt+Enter no longer switches from window to fullscreen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I've just done my usual monthly update after reading the progress report on the main page and have gone from 4.0-6138 to 4.0-6484.

I usually start everything in a window rather than in fullscreen mode so I can check out stuff like the FPS and VPS readings and then switch using Alt+Enter if and when I want to. However, all that happens with this latest build is that the screen flickers for a fraction of a second (like it's trying to go full screen) and a message saying "Enabled exclusive fullscreen" pops up at the top of the screen.

I can switch to fullscreen using the fullscreen icon but then once I'm there I have to Alt+Tab to bring the Dolphin window back so I can click on it if I want to go back to windowed mode again.

Am I being stupid or has some default option been altered somewhere in the last month? All I did was dump the newer version over my older one (as I normally do).
When updating, you should extract Dolphin to a new folder instead of an existing Dolphin folder. That shouldn't affect this issue, though.

It's possible that this is a problem caused by 4.0-6482 "Hotkeys fixes", but I don't know for sure. I recommend testing 4.0-6477. https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/aa2...f1ad95d89/
Key Shortcuts full screen is broken, hot key settings full screen works.
Thanks for the replies!

I also unpacked the newer version to a new folder to double check the behaviour and obviously got the same result. If this is a known issue then at least I know it's not just me being stupid that's causing it Smile
Oh sorry, I'm working on fixing it (or I'll just remove the old hotkey dialog...)