Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashing While Loading/Playing Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using the recent dev builds with no problems but with 4.0-6482 and a few hundred builds prior have not been playing any of my GameCube games. If I try it freezes about no more than 30 seconds in. I've tried Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest, Super Mario Strikers, Kuruin Squash!, and a few others too.

I can play Wii/Ware games just fine. I also have an issue with closing games. When I stop emulation (regardless of Wii/GameCube emulation) the screen just goes black and doesn't return to my desktop, requiring me to end it in Task Manager.

I've tried these games in the stable 4.0.2 build and they all work just fine. Doesn't give a black screen either when closing emulation.

All of the settings are default. This happens with both D3D and OGL renderers as far as I can tell. Panic Handlers are enabled and show no error too.

EDIT: Wii/Ware games crash too.
Can you pinpoint the exact revision this problem first occurs for you?
(06-01-2015, 11:33 PM)uberpubert69 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using the recent dev builds with no problems but with 4.0-6482 and a few hundred builds prior have not been playing any of my GameCube games. If I try it freezes about no more than 30 seconds in. I've tried Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest, Super Mario Strikers, Kuruin Squash!, and a few others too.

I can play Wii/Ware games just fine. I also have an issue with closing games. When I stop emulation (regardless of Wii/GameCube emulation) the screen just goes black and doesn't return to my desktop, requiring me to end it in Task Manager.

I've tried these games in the stable 4.0.2 build and they all work just fine. Doesn't give a black screen either when closing emulation.

All of the settings are default. This happens with both D3D and OGL renderers as far as I can tell. Panic Handlers are enabled and show no error too.

I've had a similar error,
this occured to me when i was starting a game (non-fullscreen) and then switched to fullscreen by clicking the button in the top bar. ( -> freeze the game)

Trying to exit the game either didn't work due to the freeze or just gave me a black screen. (fullscreen: nlack screen, windowed: freeze)
I managed to workaround this by selecting 'borderless fullscreen' in the settings.

Best reagrds and good Luck,
Sno0t
(06-02-2015, 02:45 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Can you pinpoint the exact revision this problem first occurs for you?
tbh I can't. Confused I just know its been around for the past couple hundred revisions as I've been updating every day in hopes of it being fixed. It did use to crash almost instantly but now it gets like 20 seconds into the games before freezing. I remember the build I was using was working last month before I updated. I usually update pretty often (almost daily) so maybe one of last months revisions work.
(06-02-2015, 05:45 PM)Sno0t Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a similar error,
this occured to me when i was starting a game (non-fullscreen) and then switched to fullscreen by clicking the button in the top bar. ( -> freeze the game)

Trying to exit the game either didn't work due to the freeze or just gave me a black screen. (fullscreen: nlack screen, windowed: freeze)
I managed to workaround this by selecting 'borderless fullscreen' in the settings.

Best reagrds and good Luck,
Sno0t

My games start in fullscreen. Doesn't matter either it'll crash in windowed too. Doesn't the borderless fullscreen option produce input lag? I may give it a shot but I've never had to use that setting before to get dolphin working.

Thank you for the luck lol I'm gonna need it probably
I think my games not playing has something to do with my external hard drive because if I move a game from there to my main drive it will play the game. I've always used my external HDD to store my games and I've never had a problem with them before. I went and disabled any power settings that might stop HDD access and it still doesn't change anything.