Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Character Mishaps in Titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have the latest, 4.0-6428. I read that recently in an earlier patch, some coding was changed in regards to banners/titles. Well, it seems to have had an unintended side-effect as seen here;
1.) My Sims and My Sims Agents have an accented 'e' and other characters where the TM in the title used to be;
[Image: NcxQw8B.png]
2.) The Pokémon games, Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, both have an accented Ã, in place of the accented é, where it should be. This also isn't correct;
[Image: lfappyb.png]

It loads just fine in the Properties window, for the Banner's title;
[Image: WzBDDiX.png]

So exactly what is causing this issue? Sure, it's a small one, but we should have the titles loading correctly.
Naru2008 Wrote:So I have the latest, 6428.

*4.0-6428. When it's 5.0-6428 these posts are going to look silly!

Anyway, when did this start happening?
Silly me. Tongue Let me fix that!

It has taken place between versions 4.0-6286 and 4.0-6428, I'll try going back a bit earlier, and I'm usually not updating on a constant basis, but I can try to narrow down even further. Little less than 200 revisions, how hard can it be? Tongue

It specifically happened after I updated from 4.0-6286 to 4.0-6428.

Update, the issue exists from version 4.0-6219 to 4.0-6428. 4.0-6219's release was "Append Disc 2 to Titles for Multi-Disc Games"
That's our culprit right there; https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/c...0dd5c25176
Thanks for tracking the issue down. It should be fixed in 4.0-6442, so try using that version and see if the names show up properly.
Confirmed it has been fixed since the release of 4.0-6442. Thanks for the quick fix, Jos. Big Grin