Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Noticeable FPS drop rates with certain games ... halp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DwzLT

Hey guys,

Quite a place you folks have here, I'm glad to be a new member here and hopefully I will be able to contribute something in the future.

With that said I come to you naked and confused as all noobs do.

Here's my conundrum: I notice extreme frame drops (to a round zero for several seconds almost crashing) in certain games like RE: Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside when entering new open areas for the first time ... BUT ... when I replay those same levels after beating them the frame rate improves (to 5-15) but still jitters quite a lot. Seems like it goes back to normal in those two games when I move on to a new section so I'm thinking my RAM can't handle the emulation ... but 4gb is not enough?

I am running the newest version of dolphin so I'm baffled as to why this happens.

P.S. Running GC games work without a hitch so ... ?
Dolphin creates a shader cache so it tends to be faster when replaying things.

DwzLT

Is the fps dropping to zero normal on dolphin though? I can't imagine it to be :/
Your profile says you're using version 4.0. Make sure you're using the latest developer version, not 4.02.