Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with Playing Back a Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

whizvox

So I was TASing last night (Twilight Princess), and I want to record what I did with FRAPS or something similar, but I made the mistake of using 4.0.2, so the game booted up about 20 frames faster than the build I'm currently using. That being said, the game runs horribly in 4.0.2, and enabling Dual-Core and Idle-Skipping don't help much. However, it runs very well with the later builds (with Dual-Core and Idle-Skipping enabled), but because the game boots faster with 4.0.2, the input to bypass the "Warning-Health and Safety" screen is done too early, and the movie desyncs with the game.

So, I thought one solution was to force the game to run at 25%, record the movie then, and speed up the footage in a video editor, since in the latest builds, the audio is pitched down when running the game at slowing speeds. However, in 4.0.2, this doesn't seem to happen, so the audio sounds horrible upon speeding up the footage. With my limited budget, I can't afford a better CPU or a watercooling system for overclocking. Another solution, I thought, was to playback the movie in a later build, but delay the starting of the movie for about 20 frames to make it sync with the game. However, I can't seem to do that, either, unless I'm missing something.

Do I have any other options, or do I just start a fresh TAS using a later build?
Even if you manage to change the initial input so it syncs on newer versions, it will probably desync again soon after that, so the only real options are using 4.0.2 or redoing the TAS. The "proper" way to dump audio using 4.0.2 is to use DSP LLE and the AV Sync hack. http://tasvideos.org/EncodingGuide/Video...ml#Dolphin

whizvox

(05-26-2015, 01:54 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you manage to change the initial input so it syncs on newer versions, it will probably desync again soon after that, so the only real options are using 4.0.2 or redoing the TAS. The "proper" way to dump audio using 4.0.2 is to use DSP LLE and the AV Sync hack. http://tasvideos.org/EncodingGuide/Video...ml#Dolphin

Thanks! I didn't know a lot about frame and audio dumping before.

whizvox

I do have another problem though. I can't find any options for dumping frames or audio on the latest build of Dolphin (as of now, that's 4.0-6358).

EDIT: Never mind. It's under the Movie tab.