Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Fishing Resort - NTSC-U
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running 4.0-6310
Map is still upside down
and after casting my wiimote freezes.

I have to take battery out and re-link.

All other games work fine. (wii sports, deca etc)

ref: [Wii] Fishing Resort - NTSC-U
Archived discussion of similar issues
I don't think the upside down map has ever been fixed. When you cast does your wiimote freeze or the game?
(05-25-2015, 08:24 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the upside down map has ever been fixed. When you cast does your wiimote freeze or the game?

Just the wiimote. I cast and it lands in the water then the controller just freezes, i can reconnect but I miss the fish..
i don't believe that the upside down map has been fixed. i think it's worth the comic effect tbh

andriwas

(05-26-2015, 07:47 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]i don't believe that the upside down map has been fixed. i think it's worth the comic effect tbh

Hi, the upside down map issue is still happening on 4.0.7472.

Workaround for rotated/flipped map issue (steps for Win7/8/8.1):
1. tell dolphin to dump all game textures (Graphics -> Advanced -> Utility, check 'Dump Textures')
2. play the game, open map
3. do #2 for all area maps
4. un-check 'Dump Textures'
5. search for dumped map textures, found one named tex1_512x256_7b6adcfbfe45c0ec_14.png
    search in folder C:\Users\<WINUSER>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Dump\Textures\SFVPXJ
6. rotate the image files 180degree (I use Irfanview, free image viewer app)
7. place rotated/flipped texture with same file names to custom texture folder;
    C:\Users\<WINUSER>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures\SFVPXJ
8. tell dolphin to load custom texture; Graphics -> Advanced -> Utility, check 'Load Custom Textures'
9. test it; run the game, open map (need to restart the emulation)
10. all maps fixed

I think we can use this method to fix other titles with same issue.

Zaro

Hi!

I've found a graphic bug in Fishing Resort.
When we look at the Fish Book, we are supposed to see the shape of the fish we have not catch yet.
It help a lot to find all the fish.
(12-17-2016, 02:44 PM)Zaro Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I've found a graphic bug in Fishing Resort.
When we look at the Fish Book, we are supposed to see the shape of the fish we have not catch yet.
It help a lot to find all the fish.

This page https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...ing+resort is where you are allowed to bump year old threads.