Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stereoscopy workflow in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, like many I just read about the article and having bought a SmartTV just one month ago I decided to give it a go.

I first struggled to understand what was 3D Vision for (in Dolphin). Does it make sense to enable 3D Vision when we already have internal stereoscopy support? (btw I couldn't make it work in master, it would render SBS or nothing is stereo is off). Also what's the difference between SBS and TnB quality wise.

Another issue I'm having is configuring the proper values. I thought at first it was a matter to enable 3D and play but it seems to require some more fiddling. Something that I want to ask, in the .cfg settings there are 3 values, Separation, Convergence, and Depth. I understand Convergence as the forefront depth, and Depth as the far depth. What is Separation for then?

At last how do you go about finding the correct settings? Using the hotkeys doesn't store values anywhere, the only method I found was to pop out the Dolphin window and with one eye adjust the sliders until satisfied, then close Dolphin and grab the stored values. It's very bothersome since the Dolphin window hides a large portion of the 3D frame and as you all know opening the Graphics window resets all the current game settings.

I think it would be great if people shared their settings, maybe if not perfect it would become a nice starting point where one could adjust to their taste.
Reserved