Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube games run at 2X speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SonusEricius

This is my first question in a series of problems I've been having with Dolphin. This first one confuses me because it was working previously.

My games have been running at usually 200% normal speed and I can't figure out why. It runs faster using Direct3D9 than OpenGL, but either way it runs way too fast. What settings should I choose to make my game run normal? So far I've tried Super Mario Sunshine (running that fast, it doesn't even bother generating some of the graphics) and Legend of Zelda: Master Quest (which makes Dolphin crash after the initial menu, anyway).

My specs are:
Intel Core i7 2.66GHz
6 GB DDR3 RAM
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 285

For future reference, other issues include:
~Zelda Master Quest results in "Dolphin has stopped working" error message.
~Exiting Dolphin results in "Dolphin has stopped working" error message.
~Is there any way to change X360Pad settings?
Turn on framelimit if you are having problems.
Though i've got to say, thats impressive..
i7 ftw

MarioMadness

(09-08-2009, 05:26 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Turn on framelimit if you are having problems.
Though i've got to say, thats impressive..

Yeah Some Games Run Really Fast, Just Turn On Enable other Audio, Or theres A framelimiter in Config
Zelda: Master Quest is the N64 version of Master Quest (itself a rehash of Ocarina of Time) game running in emulation. Although I find the idea of running an emulator in an emulator hilarious, Dolphin does not. (Whaddayathink? A recompilier recompiling a recompilier? Bound to have issues.) If you were really awesome, you'd extract the Master Quest ROM from your legally acquired GC ROM and play it on a PC N64 emulator, like Project64.

Anybody know anything about that crash-on-exit bug? It bugs me too.
god i wish my problem was that my games ran to fast >.<
turn on other audio in dsp settings.