Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game playback issue and goal...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
Two things:
1. I noticed that when recording a match or two of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, when played back the players, arenas and moves that I experienced when recording are completely different than what takes place during playback. I remember MAME seemed to have the same issue. Can someone please advise as to why this happens/how to fix it?
2. I'm wondering if it's possible to record (once I resolve the above issue) without audio/frames being dumped, then play it back with both enabled. Essentially what I'm trying to do is avoid the dumps from being hindered by my low system performance. All runs smoothly while recording without anything being dumped, so I'm hoping there's a way to enable both being dumped after the fact, in order to create a video playback this isn't bogged down, maybe even by dumping the playbacks twice; one with only audio and the other with only the frames.
I've never been good at wording technical issues on forums like this but perhaps someone might get the gist of what I'm saying.
Thanks for your time,
tarf
I assume that you're using Dolphin's input recording functionality? There are many things that can cause desyncs, and I don't know about all of them, but a basic mistake is having dual core or idle skipping enabled. Another possibility is that you are using a different save file when playing back the movie than when you recorded it. There are also additional desync issues with Wii Remotes, but those aren't a problem in this case since you are using a GameCube game.

And for your second question: Yes, it's possible to record input and then play it back while dumping video and audio.
(05-22-2015, 08:21 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I assume that you're using Dolphin's input recording functionality? There are many things that can cause desyncs, and I don't know about all of them, but a basic mistake is having dual core or idle skipping enabled. Another possibility is that you are using a different save file when playing back the movie than when you recorded it. There are also additional desync issues with Wii Remotes, but those aren't a problem in this case since you are using a GameCube game.

And for your second question: Yes, it's possible to record input and then play it back while dumping video and audio.

Hm. I'll try not using the first two options and report back. Thanks Smile