Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I think my computer should be running dolphin well...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got a new laptop and the specs were looking good. Like having 12GB of RAM and an AMD A10... But all the games I tested where running low... Paper Mario TTYD, Super mario sunshine(on the island, the main menu work 100%) and luigi's mansion(which work at 70-80%). My specs are as follow:

Processor=AMD A10-4655M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.00 Ghz

RAM=12GB

System= Windows 8.1 64-bits x64

I know it's a laptop but still... I think it should still play Gamecube games well. I have a Wii U so for Wii games I'm OK, it's only for Gamecube games I want Dolphin.

Please help me! Ask me anything if there is something missing on my post.
BTW I have both version of Dolphin: 4.0 and 3.5 367
Thanks in advance!
Your CPU is the issue 2GHz is pretty low for Dolphin and AMD processors also perform poorly compared to intel's.
(05-21-2015, 03:32 AM)spyro202 Wrote: [ -> ]BTW I have both version of Dolphin: 4.0 and 3.5 367

Both of those are old and slow, compared to the latest Dolphin revisions. Try the latest ones here (download the first one you see) -> https://dolphin-emu.org/download It might not be fullspeed, but it may help with performance.

If you really want to play GC games, you'll need a better computer or you'll need to hack your Wii U to play GC games, whichever is cheaper for you.
Actually the new version kick the speed a lot! Thanks! But I still don't get why I can play games like bully, witcher 2 and AC2 with no lag but Gamecubes games?No! Why? Anyways thanks for your answers! And even thought I have 12gb of ram, how do I speed up the Ghz?
(05-21-2015, 07:50 AM)spyro202 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually the new version kick the speed a lot! Thanks! But I still don't get why I can play games like bully, witcher 2 and AC2 with no lag but Gamecubes games?No! Why? Anyways thanks for your answers! And even thought I have 12gb of ram, how do I speed up the Ghz?

Gamecube and wii games are not native pc games that's why, dolphin acts as a translator in a sense to something that your pc doesn't understand. And the translation process is very time consuming like what would happen in real life scenarios. It will always take a lot more time to speak to a foreigner through a third person that translates for you, than if you knew the language and spoke to him directly.
Lol , You just have too much RAM . Large Amount of RAM won't help you
Your CPU is too slow
Usually an i3 4330 @ 3.5GHz can outperform an AMD APU @ 5.0GHz
You can overclock a desktop CPU to gain more speed , you can't overclock a mobile CPU
Quote: I can play games like bully, witcher 2 and AC2 with no lag but Gamecubes games?
PC games are optimized for your PC . GC games run indirectly on your PC . Those things are completely different
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#why-do...late-old-c
no. you insult the great RAM god. more RAM will ALWAYS mean better performance. ALWAYS [/sarcasm]
to "speed up GhZ" you would need to overclock your computer, but it's not recommended for laptops
Thanks for all your replies, I got a new PC by returning my laptop that had too many problem like an HP blue screen. Now Dolphin work at 60 fps and 100% speed both on Gamecube AND Wii!
(06-15-2015, 03:10 PM)spyro202 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all your replies, I got a new PC by returning my laptop that had too many problem like an HP blue screen. Now Dolphin work at 60 fps and 100% speed both on Gamecube AND Wii!
Nice! What are the specs of your new machine, out of curiosity?
Nothing that is going to explode out of the roof...

Windows 8.1 64-bits
Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @3.20GHz
RAM 8GB

So yeah... less RAM (12 to 8) but processor 2ghz to 3.2ghz(plus it's now an Intel instead of AMD)

No extra graphic card except the basic Intel HD Graphic... because graphic cards cost a bit too much for me right now...
Pages: 1 2