Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can we expect Broadwell / Skylake iGPUs to be sufficient for 3xIR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Broadwell will release in a few weeks, at hopefully less than the 350-500$ announced, and Skylake will follow after a few months. From looking at the specs, do you think it is likely that their iGPUs will be enough to play Gamecube and Wii games at 3xIR? 
(05-21-2015, 02:05 AM)Kadano Wrote: [ -> ]Broadwell will release in a few weeks, at hopefully less than the 350-500$ announced, and Skylake will follow after a few months. From looking at the specs, do you think it is likely that their iGPUs will be enough to play Gamecube and Wii games at 3xIR? 

Noone knows in practice, just from specs you can't possibly know ingame performance for sure. Only an estimation can be made and mine is no, not without killing the performance of the cpu at least if it was paired with a good gpu. Perhaps some games will be playable but with a big fps loss compared to 1x.
The big new intel GPUs may handle 3x IR well in lots of games, in the others, maybe only 2x IR. But this really depends on which GPU you'll get. A GT3 has the double performance compared with a GT2...
I have the Intel HD 4600 on a i7-4700MQ, and I can get between 1.5x-2.5x IR depending on the game