Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why dolphin use opengl 3.3 instead of 4.4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I'm using Debian 8 with the fglrx driver version 14.201 and when I compile the last version of dolphin, dolphin say that Opengl 3.3 backend is loaded while I can Opengl 4.4. Moreover when I put the game in full screen, I have a gorgeous white strip on left side of my screen.
Is there anyone who know how to solve this problem please?
That's only the minimum version Dolphin uses, IIRC it will still use OpenGL 4.4 features if available.

At least on Windows, it should do the same on Linux though.
So, opengl 4.4 isn't available on dolphin for linux?
That's not what I said.

It uses OpenGl 3.3 but will use features from OpenGL 4.4 if available. At least that's what I think.
Could it be a limitation of the GPU or the drivers?
Ok but it's weird that it display the version 3.3. On dolphin's website it's recommanded to have opengl 4.4 supported on your conputer and some peoples on youtube using Ubuntu for example have Opengl 4.4 in their logs.
Please post the output of "glxinfo".
I think the limitation come from the driver otherwhise I couldn't install the fglrx driver
here is the output of glxinfo | grep OpenGL

OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.4.12968 Core Profile Context 14.201.1006.1002
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.40
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.4.12968 Compatibility Profile Context 14.201.1006.1002
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.40
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
OpenGL extensions:
That seems about right. I wouldn't worry about it saying 3.3, it will most likely still use 4.4 features.
Pages: 1 2 3