Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSBB PAL Frame-Rate Oddity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Something I noticed is that even though the PAL version of the game is said to run exclusively at 50FPS, when you go into a masterpiece and then let the time limit expire, you will return to the menu, but the game will now run at 60FPS until you reset! I believe this happens on console, too.

Lazy programmers? Tongue
wat

Doesn't a PAL game run at 60/30 FPS instead of 50/25 if the Wii is set to 480i 60 Hz? (except few exceptions like Naruto PAL games that are locked at 50Hz...)
(05-17-2015, 09:11 PM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]wat

Doesn't a PAL game run at 60/30 FPS instead of 50/25 if the Wii is set to 480i 60 Hz? (except few exceptions like Naruto PAL games that are locked at 50Hz...)

Brawl seems to be one of those exceptions. Even when the Wii is set to PAL60, the game will run at 50FPS. That doesn't stop the game from running at 60 after exiting a Masterpiece, though...
SSBB PAL runs at whatever the wii is set to use: 576i, 480i or 480p. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.
I can't get SSBB to run on anything other than 50FPS in Dolphin nor my WiiU.
I'll check, but I think that on my real Wii, when I play SSBB, the TV says "480p 60Hz"
I can safely bet all my internal organs when I say that it runs up to 480p 60Hz on the real Wii, with real 60fps. This bug in Dolphin is strange  Tongue .
When I create a new save file for SSBB on Dolphin, a pop-up says that the game is running at 576i 50Hz, even if I checked PAL60 and progressive scan.
(05-19-2015, 01:29 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get SSBB to run on anything other than 50FPS in Dolphin nor my WiiU.

The WiiU is a bit dumb when it comes to choosing what mode to use for vwii. IIRC it will always set 576i as the default setting in the vwii SYSCONF when HDMI output is not being used, regardless of the selected WiiU video mode.

(Then there's another bug in libogc that makes homebrew always act as if 480i is the default mode on vwii, which makes people more confused.)
Same thing actually happens in Paper Mario TTYD. It keeps running at 50FPS and will stutter alot Tongue
Pages: 1 2