Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Forcing ISO directory region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After you set the default DVD directory and apploader paths in Dolphin's configuration, is there a way to force Dolphin to boot the game in a specific region? Dolphin is for some reason booting a PAL game as NTSC-U (using MemoryCardA.USA.raw, instead of MemoryCardA.EUR.raw), and this seems to introduce bugs that aren't present when using an ISO. Dolphin detects the region of ISOs correctly, but I'm guessing that the detection doesn't work on ISO directories. This also means that Dolphin ignores the settings contained in the EU game ini file, because it apparently thinks it's running the US version. I don't see an option in Dolphin's main configuration ini for this, so I'm hoping there's another way to handle it.
No, not as far as I know. Using directories as disc images has some annoying problems, and this sounds like it would be one of them. It probably doesn't know the game ID at all.
That's a bummer, but thanks for the confirmation. I guess I will have to forego the convenience that option otherwise would have provided. Since Dolphin only lets you configure one game directory at a time, I guess the simplest solution would be to add a configuration option to set the game ID and other properties manually for the folder you want to load.