Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime issue with latest version of Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been playing Metroid Prime 2 for the past few months on and off and when I started it the game was fine. However, I would occasionally update Dolphin for the heck of it. Now with the latest version the game literally has no sky. It is just completely black. If I go back to version 6021 the game looks fine. However the latest as of this post 6266 shows a black sky. Is this a new bug in the emulator? I'm curious as to what happened. Thank you for reading!
Can find in what build the sky broke?
(05-16-2015, 06:38 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Can find in what build the sky broke?

Yeah I have no idea. Because I've been busy with school and got a new computer. I could try to find it if you want. Would take a little while to load back into the game each time. I know it works from 6021 though. I'll try another build.
Bisect the builds. Find the build halfway between 6021 and 6266, and find if it works or not. Then go up or down and find the midway point again, etc
From my very short testing I have found out that 6151 WORKS and 6213 DOES NOT WORK. I will continue to test.
once you find the one that breaks it make a bug report at the Dolphin google code page
I have FOUND IT! Through testing and bisecting builds. Version 6192 works fine but it does not work on version 6204 which was the next version released! I hope this info is useful to you guys. If you have anymore questions let me know.
(05-16-2015, 07:11 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]once you find the one that breaks it make a bug report at the Dolphin google code page

It is version 6204 that breaks the sky.
I will try to submit a bug report to the google page.
Here's an imgur link if you guys are curious as to what is happening with the game between these 2 versions.
http://imgur.com/a/xglKf
I have also submitted a bug report!
If it was 6204, sounds like there is some issue with the floating point values, since that was what changed
Pages: 1 2