Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games will not make save file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DAFT21

Good Morning to most, if not all!

I just installed the latest version of dolphin (as of May 14, 2015, 10:30ish AM EST), and I am trying to play my game cube games. I tried loading Wind Waker as a test, and although the game runs quite fine on dolphin, the game gives me an error message in regards to the memory card. It says I need to format the memory card in order for me to have any saved progress. I click yes, but it says it cannot format it. The game won't even let me play without saving progress.

Does any body know how to solve this issue or why this issue is occurring? Any help is greatly appreciated! Big Grin
Try opening the memory card manager and creating a new MemoryCardA.USA.raw file before you start the game, and then you might be able to save. (Be sure that you have slot A set to Memory Card and not GCI folder if you want to use this method.)

DAFT21

I don't know where exactly said "memory card manager" is, but I did make a new MemoryCardA.USA.raw, which dolphin asked me if I should use and I clicked "yes". Is that what you were referring to? if so, it unfortunately didn't work.

Question: do all files, including the Dolphin program, Dolphin Settings, games, etc have to be in the same hard drive? Because as of yesterday, I installed a new 1 TB harddrive into my computer, and a few days before that I replaced the laptop's original HDD with an SSD. This is a MacBook Pro btw, and I recently installed Windows 7 on it, and this is the first time this laptop is using Dolphin.