Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin just doesn't start.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And if it does, it immediately stops responding.

I've been trying to get my friend on board the emulator train and I had dumped his games for him and given them to him, and he said the games wouldn't work. I was confused. So I went over to his place and found that the emulator itself is not working. He won't post a support topic because he's stubborn, but what I've said is exactly what's going on. It just doesn't start, as in, you double click the .exe and nothing happens after the little loading blip, or it starts and then instantly windows says "Dolphin.exe has stopped responding."

I was wondering, could he be missing certain platforms like NET Framework or something? Does Dolphin need something downloaded prior to using it for it to work?
The only other option I could think of is a registry error, but I don't even know where to start with fixing that.
i assume you had him download the latest dev version? what OS is he using?
Indeed I did, he's using Windows 7 64-bit, has an Intel CPU and an NVIDIA GPU. I forget the specifics.
I don't think it's hardware related, could it be something with the dependencies? What would I uninstall to fix the problem? If anything?

Blizzi

(05-14-2015, 04:21 PM)Nomzr Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's hardware related, could it be something with the dependencies? What would I uninstall to fix the problem? If anything?

I have the same problem. I don't know if it's the same case as you, but when I plug in my GC adapter, Dolphin stops responding.
(05-15-2015, 05:14 AM)Blizzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2015, 04:21 PM)Nomzr Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's hardware related, could it be something with the dependencies? What would I uninstall to fix the problem? If anything?

I have the same problem. I don't know if it's the same case as you, but when I plug in my GC adapter, Dolphin stops responding.

Whoa, is it this adapter? http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-...be+adapter
It was indeed -_-. He had it set to Wii U instead of PC... This guy is gonna kill me.
Wii U mode is far better for use in dolphin.
Wait seriously? Then why does it crash it?
Well it is suppose to be, probably something configured wrong.
Pages: 1 2