Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot connect to Net Play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I run Dolphin 4.0-652, I can't connect to Net Play. When I was up at college, I had no issues connecting to Net Play, but once I got home I was having issues. I disabled my router's firewall, forwarded port 6262, told Dolphin to listen to port 6262, and even turned off my PC's firewall. None of this helped me connect to anyone. I always got the error, "Disconnected". I tried playing Melee on 4.0-5886 and that worked with all of my firewalls disabled. I need help!
why do you need help? you said netplay works on that newer build, no? just use that one, it'll be more stable anyways and the general advice for netplay builds is "use the latest dev version"
(05-12-2015, 01:40 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]why do you need help? you said netplay works on that newer build, no? just use that one, it'll be more stable anyways and the general advice for netplay builds is "use the latest dev version"

Isn't 652 the newer version? And I can't play project M on 5886, which is what my friends and I always play. And 652 is giving me issues. Also, 5886 doesn't work consistently.
4.0-652 is an older version. The only major advantage is has it that it clears the Wii NAND memory, which makes it much easier to set up netplay for Wii games.
None of this information matters since neither version can connect.
have you tried the latest dev release? give us more information on the problem you're encountering.

FYI you two have to be using the same version and same memory card
Yes, we are using the same version and memory card. Playing net play on both of these versions has worked before, on my college's network. Once I got home, net play stopped working. I disabled my firewall, and forwarded a port. There should be nothing blocking the connection to the other host, but it still just says "disconnected". I've been trying to play smash bros on net play, so everyone uses 652 and 5886 dolphin versions.
have you tried troubleshooting with the person you're trying to connect to? check to see if they have their firewall disabled, port 6262, etc. what kind of connection are you doing?
Yes I have. They had the same settings, and I still had issues. I am using wireless, but once my mom leaves, I will connect directly to the modem and see if it's a router issue.
I connected directly to the modem and tried connecting and hosting to someone who just got off of a match. I tried it with my firewall on and my firewall off. It did not work for either scenario. I'm at a loss for ideas. I can't connect to anyone to play smash on netplay, and it's apparently not a router issue or a firewall issue...
Pages: 1 2