Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS drops when using higher IR (Gtx 960)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys
now, i know that higher Internal resolution should make your fps go down.

but with x1 IR i get like 50 fps and with x4 i get 30

what is strange to me is that my GPU is Gtx 960.
it never goes above 50% gpu usage, so why is my fps goes down like that?

Game : Wind waker
CPU : Q6700 (yea pretty bad but still..)
GPU : GTX960
RAM : 8GB
Dolphin : 64 bit latest version (4.0-6180)

BTW , i remember back then people used LLE on thered that way dolphin could use 3 cores.
I know this not an option anymore because HLL got an upgrade and you pretty much dont need LLE anymore (kinda).
is there any way to make dolphin use more then 2 cores now?

*excuse my English guys, it's not my native.
Audio LLE on thread is enabled automatically, where possible. In Wind Waker, it would cause a crash when opening a chest, so it's disabled there.

Wind Waker runs by default using efb to ram. Efb to ram increases the cpu load on higher IR, which is why it's running slower for you, your cpu is maxed out.

Create a hotkey to switch between efb2ram and efb2tex, and switch to efb2tex after the game started, it should run faster with higher IR then. Keep in mind that you need efb2ram for the pictobox to work, and it needs to be enabled when taking and showing the pictures.
(05-12-2015, 02:50 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]Audio LLE on thread is enabled automatically, where possible. In Wind Waker, it would cause a crash when opening a chest, so it's disabled there.

Wind Waker runs by default using efb to ram. Efb to ram increases the cpu load on higher IR, which is why it's running slower for you, your cpu is maxed out.

Create a hotkey to switch between efb2ram and efb2tex, and switch to efb2tex after the game started, it should run faster with higher IR then. Keep in mind that you need efb2ram for the pictobox to work, and it needs to be enabled when taking and showing the pictures.
Oh wow thank you so much buddy.

is it safe to enable efb2tex on default?
is it break alot of games or it's safe? 
It is safe to enable efb2tex by default. All games that need efb2ram will override your setting. I suggested to create a hotkey, so you don't have to figure out how to force Dolphin to use efb2tex for the game completely.
(05-12-2015, 03:29 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]It is safe to enable efb2tex by default. All games that need efb2ram will override your setting. I suggested to create a hotkey, so you don't have to figure out how to force Dolphin to use efb2tex for the game completely.

Thanks.
and about the 3 cpu core question?
Dolphin is only dual core except in the few games that trigger the LLE on thread. First core emulates CPU, second core emulates GPU. Not really much else to send to different cores, and splitting either of those cores up would make Dolphin slower due to waiting for cores to sync up.
(05-12-2015, 05:33 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin is only dual core except in the few games that trigger the LLE on thread. First core emulates CPU, second core emulates GPU. Not really much else to send to different cores, and splitting either of those cores up would make Dolphin slower due to waiting for cores to sync up.

Ok i get it, thanks for the support guys!
Btw , Is your core 2 Quad overclocked ? WW isn't a demanding game . Q6700 @ 3.6GHz should get near 60FPS even at 4xIR