Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: spontanous lags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In almost any dolphin version I have the problem that popular games like Zelda Windwaker, Twilight Princess and Skyward sword have lags at times.

Those lags suddenly occur in cutscenes, when rotating the camera or in battles when attacking enemies.
It's not a framerate issue, because when I turn off framelimit, the framerate goes up far over fullspeed.
I think it's a ressource reloading related problem.

I already tried copying my game images from HDD to my SSD, but it's not helping much.

Hardware is the following:

CPU: i7 3770k @4.6ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600
GFX: Geforce GTX 980
SSD: Samsung 840EVO (read speed up to 500MB/s)

I already started a similar thread to this issue over 2 years ago but nothing really has changed and the lags are still present in the latest builds.
The user AnyOldName3 suggested me to open up a new thread to further discuss this problem
What specific build versions is this happening?
(05-11-2015, 11:15 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What specific build versions is this happening?

actually, all of them.
I just downloaded 4.0-6225 and its still happening.

just running the opening sequence of twilight princess gives me spontanous freezes from under a second and the sound cuts off.
sometimes ingame it can be even worse that there is a freeze from up to 1-2 seconds, like everytime I call Midna or Epona

I haven't noticed those lags in older builds from 2012 or so since I've finished Windwaker back in the days.
So these lags happen everytime? If you run the same scene 2 times, and the 2nd time it does not lag, then it would be shader cache stuttering, which you can't do anything about.

Maybe you have per pixel lightning enabled? Or your GPU is not running in high performance mode?
it happens with both pixel lightning on and off. and GPU/CPU are running in performance mode.
Even an OC doesn't help.
I think this will be the only solution for now: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version
the ishiiruka build doesn't have this issue then?
If you use async shader cache, no.
But you will have object and texture popups for the first second you enter a new level or area in games. Still better than lags Smile

I wish they would implement this in the master builds.
ishiiruka is unofficial so features in that build aren't likely to be merged with master.