Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TV using the wrong refresh rate for nearly every full-screen resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is kind of annoying. Even though I have the FPS limit set to 60 in Dolphin, my TV nearly always seems to change its refresh rate to something other than that!

Here are just a few examples (in the order they're displayed in the Graphics menu), with the refresh rate my TV ends up changing to:

480p 50Hz
576p 60Hz
600p 50Hz
768p 50Hz
648p 60Hz
864p 60Hz
720p 30Hz
768p 60Hz
800p 50Hz

Windows is set to 720p right now, so it's confusing to see that 720p is the most problematic resolution!
Along with this, the audio in-game suffers from severe crackling when the TV goes into derp mode and sets itself to 50/30Hz.

The only work-around I have is using borderless-fullscreen, but this increases the latency, which is bad for Melee.

Any suggestions?
Do you have v-sync turned on in Dolphin? What build of Dolphin are you using?
(05-11-2015, 11:22 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have v-sync turned on in Dolphin? What build of Dolphin are you using?

I think I found the problem. I had Windows set to 720p because I was sitting far away from my monitor. Now that I have it at 1080p, it's working as normal. I might be a problem with the TV itself.

I had V-Sync enabled and was using 4.0-6215.