Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I run these games, and if so, how well?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GerudoMasterRace

I am a newcomer to this site, and I have not downloaded Dolphin yet. I mainly want to use Dolphin to play Melee and Project M online on netplay, but I will probably get other games like:
  • Twilight Princess
  • Wind Waker
  • The Metroid Prime Series
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn
  • F-Zero
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Skyward Sword (Some say you can use a PS3/Xbox controller with this, others say you can't, and if I need motion controls I probably won't)
If it won't play smash, I will for sure not get it, but if it doesn't play some of the other games, it will be fine (although it would be greatly appreciated if I could get a list of which ones it could play, and how well). My definition of well is ~30 FPS, and I can live with 25 (not lower though). I entered my specs when registering, but I will enter them in there as well for your convenience.
  • Dell Inspiron 15, 15" laptop, 1366x768
  • i7-4500U @1.8-2.4 GHz
  • 8 GB RAM (I don't know what brand it is)
  • GPU: Intel HD 4400 (yea, integrated, but it runs Titanfall and Mass Effect 3 beautifully, and Battlefield 3 pretty nicely)

Thanks for your help!  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  Heart  Heart  Heart
that igpu runs titanfall? wow i didn't know it could do that
you should be able to run most of those games. i know you can run both of those fire emblems, as i have done so with a near identical system, but raidiant dawn will have some slowdowns in certain parts, never below ~75% though. xenoblade might have some issues, as well as mario kart and the metroid games and probably skyward sword. other than that you should be able to run all those at decent speeds.
Titanfall's on the Source engine with just some updated shaders and not much else changed. It runs pretty well on low-end hardware. How Battlefield 3 is playable, though, I don't know.

GerudoMasterRace

(05-08-2015, 09:46 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]that igpu runs titanfall? wow i didn't know it could do that
you should be able to run most of those games. i know you can run both of those fire emblems, as i have done so with a near identical system, but raidiant dawn will have some slowdowns in certain parts, never below ~75% though. xenoblade might have some issues, as well as mario kart and the metroid games and probably skyward sword. other than that you should be able to run all those at decent speeds.
Thanks so much for your detailed and informative post! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(05-08-2015, 10:22 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Titanfall's on the Source engine with just some updated shaders and not much else changed. It runs pretty well on low-end hardware. How Battlefield 3 is playable, though, I don't know.
Lol it's possible. I got Battlefield 3 when Origin was giving it away free (they give one game a month free, most of them are crappy but some gems like these appear). The FPS isn't the best, low settings are around 25-30 FPS, and sometimes it gets slowdowns that go as low as 15 FPS, but I'm not very picky, so it's okay.