Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Shader Landuage Docs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to write a shader for Dolphin, and I can't really make heads or tails of what code is available to me. I figured out enough to make a simple saturation filter based on the code that I saw in the other shaders provided (it halfs the color saturation of the output image) but that was largely tinkering and I'll admit, I was fortunate to figure it out.

Is there any documentation for the shader language? Is it specific to Dolphin, and if so, how does it work? Is it some common language used in all games, and again if so, where are the docs for it, or what should I be googling to find said docs?

If you can just give me a quick tip, I want the rendered depth information for each pixel in the shader. I've got a set of red/cyan 3D glasses, and I'm trying to improve upon the stereoscopic shader and make it actually *work*. ^_^ I'm pretty sure how to accomplish this, but I don't know how to get at the depth information that I would need.

Thanks in advance.
The OpenGL shaders are CG shaders....