Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sony Viao Fit E
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jacehlightwood

Hello my allies, I have a sony viao fit E laptop and have Dolphin 4.0.2. I have tried all configurations and only get about 20 FPS during game play. I am currently playing The Last Story on Wii. When I play mario party 5 I get decent FPS. Please help me get to 60 FPS. I do not worry too much about graphics I just want to be able to play the game at arpound 50 - 60 FPS.

I have attached a screen grab of the specs but here they are:

Windows 8.1

Processor: AMD A10-5745 APU with Radeon ™ Graphics 2.10 GH

Ram: 8.0 GB

64-Bit Operating System, x64 processor

Sony Model: SVF154B1EL

Your help is greatly appreciated. Also should I overclock or just get a new pc?

-Sincerely, Jacel Smile Smile
That CPU isn't ideal for Dolphin, so you won't get full speed in more demanding games. What you can do, however, is update to the latest version instead of using 4.0.2 for better speeds, and using the laptop performance guide here on the forums and the performance guide on the wiki.
Quote: Please help me get to 60 FPS
The Last Story is a 30 FPS game . 60 FPS is double speed
This game is the most demanding game ever on the wii console , even the wii itself can't not run game at 30 FPS all the time
AMD CPUs are bad for dolphin , you will have to overclock to 5.0GHz to run the game full speed . Unfortunately , your CPU is a mobile APU which can't be overclocked at all ( Overclockable laptops are usually top of the line gaming laptop that cost a few thousands dollars) and the CPU stock speed is too low to run demanding games

jacehlightwood

Alright thank you two for your help and clarification! I'll just keep playing it I have been getting 24 fps and since it is a 30 fps game it is still playable ish... I just want to play it for the story anyhow!
@jacehlightwood:
You can also try Ishiiruka - an unofficial custom version of Dolphin by Tino (NOT SUPPORTED by the official Dev. Team).
On low-end hardware, it can be faster than the official builds.
It also includes some exclusive features such as async shader compilation, DX11 post-processing shaders including SSAO & DoF, fast EFB access, time stretched audio, high-quality audio resampling, new modes for Stereo 3D, up to 8xIR selectable from the UI, Direct3D9 renderer for old GPUs and fixes / optimizations by Galop1n.
Some of those features are not yet implemented in the official Dolphin buids, while some of them were rejected because they're far from optimal / a better alternative exists.

See the unofficial Ishiiruka thread for more info and download links:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version
Ishiiruka is not faster than latest dev versions, it's only faster on hardware that Dolphin no longer supports. And many of those features have been rejected from the master branch of Dolphin for causing errors and anomolies. Ishiiruka is a great tool for someone with knowledge of what their system can handle and the unique blend of performance and features it provides; it shouldn't be used by those who have no idea what they are doing!
NOTE: Ishiiruka is an *unofficial* build, so it's NOT SUPPORTED by the official Dolphin dev. team.
It's best used alongside the official (dev. or stable) builds, not as a replacement for any of them.

(added "unofficial" and "unsupported" notes to the previous post)