Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stops Working After 1 Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DoranSorrell

I just recently got Dolphin and I went to play a game and it worked fine for me, so I closed the window and went on to do other things. When I tried to open it back up later it only works up to the point where I have to click on the game you want to run, and then just as the new window pops up it is just black and I receive a message saying that Dolphin has stopped working and must close. I'm not a big tech guy or anything, but I assume if I was able to play it for a while at one point my computer's hardware is not the issue here. Can anyone help?
Try moving the Dolphin Emulator folder in the My Documents folder to somewhere else, like the desktop. This will allow Dolphin to regenerate the files in case some file was broken.

DoranSorrell

I have the folder itself as a shortcut on my desktop, do you mean the dolphin.exe application itself to the desktop?
Don't create a shortcut, you have to move the folder itself (or delete it). Drag it to the desktop or just rename it, then launch Dolphin again.
If you have an intel HD graphics card, it's due to the graphics card failing at life and messing up the shadercache.

DoranSorrell

I think it'll just be best to try all over again. I've deleted everything Dolphin related from my computer. I just have to go to the latest edition of Dolphin, save the file, then extract files with WINrar right?