Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone else have trouble turning off Gecko codes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before I make a report, I want to ask if someone else has these issues.

While playing, if I enable (turn on) a Gecko code, it's very difficult to turn it off. I uncheck the code, and hit apply. I close the game and emulator. Next time I open the game, the codes are on and active again.

I right click on a game to go to its properties, hit the Gecko tab and uncheck the code from there. If I exit and go back into the properties again, the code is still checked.
So I click the "Edit config" button in the bottom-left to open the config in notepad. I see at the bottom that it says [Gecko_Enabled], I delete everything there, exit, go back to the game and the friggin' code is still on again.

For some reason it doesn't let me turn off all the codes, there has to be at least one code checked. The only solution I've found is to make a 'fake' code, and have that one always on.

Anyone else experience issues like that?
Yeah, I encountered pretty much the same thing yesterday... I've never added any Gecko codes myself, but since the global netplay code was added to Super Smash Bros Brawl's (NTSC-U) default INI recently, it's been active every time I've launched the game despite how much I've tried to disable it.
Thanks, I'll make a report then.