Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What do I need to do to run games in HD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AlexanderGunther

I know it's probably a greedy request but I want to run games in the absolute best quality Dolphin can afford. Unfortunately, my computer ain't having it. I'm using Direct3D for my backend because for some reason it works better than OpenGL. AA and internal resolution can't go very high without the frame rate going to shit and the game slowing down. I've heard the term "specs" tossed around quite a bit but I don't fully understand what it is, so tell me what info you'd need from me to help you help me.
"specs" is short for "Specifications", and what you have in your profile is sufficient to answer your questions. AMD CPUs are garbage for Dolphin, if you want to run games at good speed and in HD you need to pick up something like an Intel i5-4690k or Pentium G3258.

AlexanderGunther

(04-30-2015, 02:03 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]"specs" is short for "Specifications", and what you have in your profile is sufficient to answer your questions. AMD CPUs are garbage for Dolphin, if you want to run games at good speed and in HD you need to pick up something like an Intel i5-4690k or Pentium G3258.

Thanks for the simple answer, really appreciate it. I'll look into it.
I have an AMD video card, and I can run Dolphin in HD and at full speed just fine.
AMD CPU , not AMD GPU (video card)
what admin said. AMD single-thread performance is dismal when compared to Intel, which makes Intel generally the better choice for Dolphin.
(05-01-2015, 08:45 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]what admin said. AMD single-thread performance is dismal when compared to Intel, which makes Intel generally the better choice for Dolphin.

Ah, that explains it. I'm dumb, sorry. Tongue
Also the HD 7660D GPU is garbage.
Well pretty much all iGPUs are bad for emulation . The HD 5200 Iris Pro may be a little different idk