Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Difficulty modifier Gecko Code Metroid Prime Trilogy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So It has been years since I have played the first Metroid Prime and want to again. I want to play the Wii trilogy version and I would love to start on Hard mode AKA Hypermode.

Problem is, if I download a save that has Hypermode unlocked, it keeps their logbook. I would like to start with a clean logbook and have the joy of scanning everything myself.

I  went in to the GECKO codes section, downloaded codes from the WiiRD data base (button in the corner) and gives me a code that looks like it is exactly what I want. I check the box to enabled it (as shown in the screenshot) made sure cheats are enabled but I can't seem to get it to activate.

First of all, I have no idea what "Press Left" means or the context in which I would "Press Left" or which left to push.

Second, I don't know what this "0= normal 1= veteran 2= hypermode" is even referring to.

I have tried pressing the button mapped to the left D-pad button in game and on file select screen and nothing seems to happen.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks!
Press left is probably referring to the D-Pad. What version of Dolphin are you using currently? The latest revisions consistently have fixes for certain AR and Gecko codes, but some simply do not work.
I did try pressing D-Pad Left both in game and in file select menu but I did not get any indication that anything happened. I even tried hitting D-Pad left a few times and letting myself get knocked around by a few wasps to see if I could see any change in the amount of damage dealt but nothing changed.

I am using 4.0-5293 to run this.
4.0-5293 is pretty old, try downloading the latest dev version, it could solve your problem. Probably not, but definitely worth a try.
Yeah, same problem with newest version. I guess what could also work, if anyone knows a way to restart your logbook upon starting a new game in hypermode.