Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having a hard time playing games with Dolphin on a relatively good build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Galebourn

Maybe someone here can help me.
I wanted to play Mario Sunshine on Dolphin, thinking that my system should handle it.
Turns out I can't get over 19fps, no matter what I do. Doesn't matter if I use dx11, opengl, or what my settings are, it's always really slow. I'm on the lowest settings right now and it runs just as slow as it would on the highest.

My specs are here:
[Image: uzTKkSx.jpg]

I also checked the dolphin wiki, but nothing I try works.
Other games are pretty slow as well and Wii games are basically a slideshow.

Is there anything wrong with my system?
Do you currently have it overclocked? If not, you should, its free performance.
AMD CPUs are not recommended for Dolphin because they have low single-core speeds, which Dolphin relies on because it is a dual-core program

Galebourn

(04-28-2015, 08:44 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you currently have it overclocked? If not, you should, its free performance.
AMD CPUs are not recommended for Dolphin because they have low single-core speeds, which Dolphin relies on because it is a dual-core program

I haven't overclocked the CPU because I get really high temperatures, even without overclocking them. Even a new heatsink and constantly changing the thermal paste didn't help.
What about other games?
Also, is Windows power management set to high power?
Perhaps,it's time for you to get a new CPU for dolphin
Bulldozer's single core performance is horrible (worse than Phenom 2)
i5 4690k or i7 4790k + z97 mobo will help you max out all game
btw , FX 8350 @ 5.0GHz = i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz . You can check out dolphin benchmark for more details
Is the FX-8150 just a hot CPU, or is there something else going on there that would cause high temps?
(04-28-2015, 01:34 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the FX-8150 just a hot CPU, or is there something else going on there that would cause high temps?

Depends on what you call hot.
Hotter than average. Pentium 4 is a good example, power hungry and you could probably cook an egg on that mobo
(04-29-2015, 02:15 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Hotter than average. Pentium 4 is a good example, power hungry and you could probably cook an egg on that mobo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG3wceb05Sg
Someone cooking pasta on a P4 Prescott, so yeah you can cook on them.
Is your framelimit set to auto and do you use the latest development build of dolphin with default settings?
Pages: 1 2