Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: why is my emulator going so slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
why is dolphin going so slow on my pc is there any way to make it go faster i mean i have 1 gb ati radeon card and dual core processor so why is it going so slow i think my card is in the 3000 series
Post more details of your PC and Dolphin settings you are using
(09-06-2009, 04:02 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Post more details of your PC and Dolphin settings you are using

umm to be specific 4gb ram ati radeon hd 512mb 3400 series gpu clock 594mhz memory 396 mhz

default clock 600 mhz memory 400mhz

and my emulator is going like 20-30 fps
Lol , I didn't understand Tongue , Try giving info like I do in my signature

And tell us the game you are trying to run , or the region at least , because the normal speed of some games is 30fps , 50fps and 60 fps
How about your Cpu..
Mine goes extremely slow as well I'm guessing it's my CPU tho I have:

MB: Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G
CPU: Intel Pentium D 915 2.8ghz x 2 800mhz fsb 4mb cache
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600GT 256mb
Ram : 2 GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz
Yeah, it's your CPU, it's pretty weak for running Dolhpin at good speeds
Even if you got a really strong pc you will get about the same apparently. I got quad core 2.20 ghz, 5 gbs of ram, and a geforce 9400 1 gb, and I still get the same frame rate. It's just the emulator it's self apparently.
(09-06-2009, 07:08 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's your CPU, it's pretty weak for running Dolhpin at good speeds

What emulator is that? Tongue
(09-07-2009, 07:04 AM)KOLZ Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you got a really strong pc you will get about the same apparently. I got quad core 2.20 ghz, 5 gbs of ram, and a geforce 9400 1 gb, and I still get the same frame rate. It's just the emulator it's self apparently.

NO
Quads are good! But dolphin only recognizes 2 of your cores, Therefore making the emulation slow.
If you had a high frequency Quad I believe emulation would Still Be a Breeze
(09-07-2009, 07:07 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2009, 07:08 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's your CPU, it's pretty weak for running Dolhpin at good speeds

What emulator is that? Tongue
(09-07-2009, 07:04 AM)KOLZ Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you got a really strong pc you will get about the same apparently. I got quad core 2.20 ghz, 5 gbs of ram, and a geforce 9400 1 gb, and I still get the same frame rate. It's just the emulator it's self apparently.

NO
Quads are good! But dolphin only recognizes 2 of your cores, Therefore making the emulation slow.
If you had a high frequency Quad I believe emulation would Still Be a Breeze

lol I know quads are good. And you just said it, it's the emulator. Wink Hopefully with updates this will be taken care of one day. Most of the games I got run just fine, some even at 5-60 fps like sonic adventure 2 and mario kart DD. Mostly for me it's zelda TP that runs slow at times.
Pages: 1 2