Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Suddenly Wont Open (blue circle then nothing)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so dolphin used to be working fine but now it wont open at all.

When i click on it it shows the blue loading circle and then nothing happens.  No window popup, no activity in task manager.  Nothing!

Here is what ive tried:
Getting a new version of dolphin
Updating DirectX
Restarting
Running as administrator

Nothing works.

BTW. It is probably not a hardware issue.
Windows 8.1 Pro
6 core i7 processor
Gtx 980
16 gb of ram
Try deleting your Dolphin folder and then deleting the "Dolphin Emulator" folder in Documents and downloading the latest dev after that
(04-27-2015, 08:32 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Try deleting your Dolphin folder and then deleting the "Dolphin Emulator" folder in Documents and downloading the latest dev after that

Nope. Didnt work
It did create a new dolphin folder in documents.
Is Dolphin installed in program files?
Have you updated your pc?
Did you uninstall any of the visual c++ installs?
Dolphin is not in my program files. Does it need to be?

I have visual studio 2008

My pc is up to date
Doesn't need to be in specific folder for it to work, as long as it isn't in read-only.

Does the older Dolphin version work?
So I just downloaded dolphin version 4.0.2 and it worked! However I need the newer versions so I can work my dolphin bar and mayflash gamecube connector.

How can i check if visual studio is getting told to compile things/compiling properly?
OK. So development builds still dont work. And I just installed visual studio 2013 aswell to see if it helps.

What could be blocking this? Anti-virus? Compiler?

If it helps, an odd thing is that when I download a new version it tends to have a blue circle for a bit longer, but just for the first try.
Check if it's a process running in your task manager after trying to run Dolphin (in the more detailed panel), so if it just doesn't run or doesn't pull up the interface.
Pages: 1 2