Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any unorthodox tips for getting MAXIMUM speed out of Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tftennis

First Post! Smile

Alright so first things first I have a 2.3 Ghz Intel i3 laptop with Intel HD Graphics 3000. Cringeworthy, I know. I have been trying to play on netplay in Project M (mod of Super Smash Bros. Brawl). Outside of netplay with all of my settings tuned to the fastest possible I can run the game at 95%. With a frameskip of 1 I can run it at 120%. However when I play though Netplay it almost always slows down to 80-90% even with frameskip on. My question to you is are there any expirimental/unorthodox ways to get dolphin to run faster outside of messing with the settings? And why does netplay slow down the game so much when normal play is fine?

Many thanks!
You could try the Ishiiruka build, that has been know to give some speedups. Also, you could try using the laptop performance guide.

EDIT: 444 4!

tftennis

(04-27-2015, 05:52 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]You could try the Ishiiruka build, that has been know to give some speedups. Also, you could try using the laptop performance guide.

EDIT: 444 4!

Thanks!

However I only have an i3 so the performance guide does not help, and the other build wont work since netplay on project m requires a 4.0-652.
No. 652 is not supported because it's obsolete and full of bugs. Ishiiruka will work with Project M iirc

tftennis

(04-27-2015, 06:15 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]No. 652 is not supported because it's obsolete and full of bugs. Ishiiruka will work with Project M iirc

It will probably work, but in order to play netplay with project M you have to have the same revision, and the standard set by the community is the 652 revision. I have no idea why.
I thought they were moving to build 58xx something
I'm pretty sure Project M has moved to using master
It's 5886 that a lot of the netplay scene use by default, not the latest master build - remember that they like to have one standard build for everyone as netplay won't work if anything's different on one player's setup.
That makes sense.