Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How well does Dolphin run without a GPU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Deathevan

I'm aware that it's heavily CPU reliant. However, I don't have enough for a GPU. Only a G3258 and I need to know if that will affect anything, because I'd like to run 1080p when I OC.
Most games should run well, even on 1080p, but not at 3xIR. IR is the resolution the game is rendered at, the window or full screen resolution is what the rendered picture gets streched to. Anyways, for "higher" IR like 3xIR(which is slightly above 1080p), you do need a GPU.

So you should be able to play most games at 1xIR, but the games will be pixelated. My guess is that 2xIR is the max you can get out of your integrated GPU. You can try 2.5xIR or 3xIR, maybe it does work on some games. 2xIR means roughly 4 times the GPU power needed compared to 1xIR, 3xIR means 9 times.

randomftw2

i am running it with G3258 no GPU very well at 720, i did not tested any other resolution, but hey, its cheap to run (electricity)
At the very least you could get an Nvidia GT 640 or 740 (I would recommend GT 740 GDDR5 version)
Using a computer without a GPU is impossible. It doesn't even make sense.

What you mean to say is-"How well do most Dolphin games run with the Pentium-G3258 iGPU?" The answer to that would be most games will run fine, that Pentium has an HD 4400 equivalent iirc which will run most games at 1xIR full speed.
(04-26-2015, 06:20 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Using a computer without a GPU is impossible. It doesn't even make sense.

What you mean to say is-"How well do most Dolphin games run with the Pentium-G3258 iGPU?" The answer to that would be most games will run fine, that Pentium has an HD 4400 equivalent iirc which will run most games at 1xIR full speed.

iGPU.
(04-26-2015, 06:29 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2015, 06:20 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Using a computer without a GPU is impossible. It doesn't even make sense.

iGPU.

GiUP

Deathevan

Why are you being pedantic? And no, you misinterpreted. I did not ask how well it will run with the G3258 iGpu, I asked how well it will run without a dedicated GPU. I assumed that was implied.
(04-26-2015, 09:25 AM)Deathevan Wrote: [ -> ]...I did not ask how well it will run with the G3258 iGpu, I asked how well it will run without a dedicated GPU. I assumed that was implied.

Running without a dedicated GPU means you run on the iGPU.

Deathevan

(04-26-2015, 09:39 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2015, 09:25 AM)Deathevan Wrote: [ -> ]...I did not ask how well it will run with the G3258 iGpu, I asked how well it will run without a dedicated GPU. I assumed that was implied.

Running without a dedicated GPU means you run on the iGPU.

I know that. In general I was asking how well It runs without a dedicated GPU. That can include the g3258, an i5, i7. AMD. Any CPU.
Pages: 1 2