Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend of zelda wind waker running slow and lagging on all versions of dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I have been trying forever to get wind waker to run fast on my pc, or at least be playable, but nothing i've tried had worked. I have literally tried to run this game an all major versions of dolphin, including the newest one that just came out a hour ago (dolphin 4.0.6), but it always manages to lag, a lot. During, audio is lagged and behind the picture. During the title screen, it slows down to 40% speed. I don't know what to do. It seems to run better on dolphin 2.0, rather than the newer ones, for some reason. I really dont know why this game is slow on my computer, i have pretty compatible specs with dolphin. I was wondering if any of you can help me to speed this game up. If the game works better on one version of dolphin than another, then i'll use that version. I will do anything i need to do to get this game running on my pc (well, actually it's a laptop, i guess that might affect things a bit). Any help is appreciated!

My specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel core i5
Video Card/GPU: Intel HD graphics
Memory/RAM: 4 gb of ram

*Check out my next post for updated specs
You're going to have to post better specs than that, those could be anything
Give us model numbers. "i5" is a label Intel puts on hundreds of products. Which one specifically do you have?

Also, just to clear up something minor, there is no such thing as 4.0.6. There is something called 4.0-6070 (and newer ones are available). Yes, the "-" instead of the "." makes a difference Wink
(04-25-2015, 03:26 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Give us model numbers. "i5" is a label Intel puts on hundreds of products. Which one specifically do you have?

Also, just to clear up something minor, there is no such thing as 4.0.6. There is something called 4.0-6070 (and newer ones are available). Yes, the "-" instead of the "." makes a difference Wink

Ok then, sorry about that guys, i'm new here.

Here's much more specific specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (6.1 Build 7601)
System Model: HP Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC
Processor/CPU: Intel core i5 CPU, M 460 2.53GHz (2 physical cores, 4 logical cores)
Video Card/GPU: Intel HD graphics
Memory/RAM: 4 gb of ram

Oh and I do have the newest one (Dolphin 4.0-6080)

Hopefully one of you can help me Smile
Check this thread out to make sure you're running at maximum power: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
(04-26-2015, 05:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Check this thread out to make sure you're running at maximum power: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Actually i did, but i already new about the tricks they talked about there

I did put my computer on high performance and I even tried Razer Cortex (formerly gamebooster). It did help, just not very much.
CPU bottleneck. Your computer simply isn't powerful enough to run most Dolphin games at 100%
(04-26-2015, 06:14 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU bottleneck. Your computer simply isn't powerful enough to run most Dolphin games at 100%

Thank-you for your answer, but can you tell me what about my computer isn't powerful enough, for future reference.
Try not to use too much technical language though, thanks in advance
It's your CPU. Hence "CPU bottleneck".
(04-26-2015, 06:30 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]It's your CPU. Hence "CPU bottleneck".

Yes, i know, but what does "CPU bottleneck" mean. And also, is that the only thing that is hindering me from running this game faster? What CPU would be best for dolphin? Are there any other specs i should be worried about?
Pages: 1 2