Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: About to give up on Xenoblade...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Huh I have tried just about ever combination of versions to get this game working and nothing seems to work. I have even upgraded my machine recently to a completely newer build and yet I still have issues. Other games seem to work fine. My current rig is about as powerful as you can get yet I still get slight stutters and slowdown during battles.

Is it just not possible for Dolphin to handle this game?? I have been trying for years and nothing works. IM running a 5930k and two GTX Titan X cards with 32 GB DDR4. I mean really? I know Dolphin doesn't support Sli but one of them with that CPU and Memory should smoke this game, yet I still have the same issues as with my 3930k and GTX quad 690 build.

Any help would be appreciated because I have dig and tested just about all kinds of builds and patches.
Do you know that a cheap i5-4590 would be as good for dolphin as your new CPU? Just buying the most expensive isn't the way to go. Also the GPU doesn't matter at all for xenoblade.
Dolphin just require a fast SINGLE core cpu performance, nothing else.

But tbh, this CPU should be fine to play xenoblade, so do you have a non-standart config?
Is it not booting or just not running well?
Your cpu should handle it though, the problem you mention is probably shader stuttering, try Ishiiruka build with the async shader option ticked. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version , shader stuttering is normal behavior in dolphin. Also use efb to texture and hle audio for better performance if you didn't already.
(04-24-2015, 10:01 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Your cpu should handle it though, the problem you mention is probably shader stuttering, try Ishiiruka build with the async shader option ticked. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version , shader stuttering is normal behavior in dolphin. Also use efb to texture and hle audio for better performance if you didn't already.

Thanks I will take a look at it for sure. Appreciate the help. I built this machine for other reasons as I wanted something I could run 4k without issues when I upgrade my TV in the near future. Right now I am just trying to get this stable at 1080p. The game loads fine now and plays decent but when battles start it gets really slow. Even more so with more party members and enemies. The sound doesn't stutter as bad as it did on my previous build which is good but it still has issues.
(04-24-2015, 09:55 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know that a cheap i5-4590 would be as good for dolphin as your new CPU? Just buying the most expensive isn't the way to go. Also the GPU doesn't matter at all for xenoblade.
Dolphin just require a fast SINGLE core cpu performance, nothing else.

But tbh, this CPU should be fine to play xenoblade, so do you have a non-standart config?

Right now I have tried the latest 4.0-6068. But I have been trying all kinds of versions since the game came out. Some of course work better than others. I mean I am maxing out internal resolution to 4x Native, but other then that pretty straight forward.

I've been able to run it this high for other games no problem in the past.
The OP shouldn't get slowdowns that cause audio stuttering though; that never happened on the Wii. It sounds like Dolphin is indeed slowing down.

I know the OP has a GTX Titan, but they should really see if playing at 1x helps at all. We had issues where GPUs would run at low clocks when playing Dolphin some time ago. Dunno if those problems are still around, but it should be looked into.
I had the above issue with a lot of games, had to disable Intel Speedstep, and set my GPU settings to maximum performance and it went away, it wasn't with Xenoblade, but it couldn't hurt to try
(04-25-2015, 04:35 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]I had the above issue with a lot of games, had to disable Intel Speedstep, and set my GPU settings to maximum performance and it went away, it wasn't with Xenoblade, but it couldn't hurt to try

You sir are a genius.... This seems to be helping. Still not 100% but much better. I changed it in the bios as well as under Power Management. I also adjusted my setting for my graphics to maximum. I also moved my image to my SSD. Didn't help but I did do it.

I will press on with it and see how it goes. I still get random pauses once in a while which I still cant figure out. hard to explain but the random pauses almost don't seem hardware related if that makes sense. For as smooth as it runs to all over a sudden get a 2-3 sec pause is odd which is why I say that. It's a rather hard pause on something that isn't struggling at all.
Are you using a custom texture pack? Does it lag without that?
Pages: 1 2