Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: removing graphics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

instagator82

Is it possible to remove graphics from games? For example, say I want to play a game with no background just the characters on screen can that be done with this emulator? I like to rip graphics from 2d games to create graphics for homemead games and I was thinking of using some 3d Wii games to do the same thing. Basically I want to make 2d sprites from Wii games. If this is not possible is there another way that this can be done? Thank you for reading this and taking the time to answer my questions.
You can make texture packs, but there is no integrated function in Dolphin for doing such witchcraft.
You'd have a hard time removing anything that isn't a texture, I guess. You can't tell Dolphin not to render certain models on-screen. Gecko and AR codes might help in this regard, but it's probably a lot of work to get what you're after.

Not ideal, but you could just take plain screenshots and use a good image editor to clean things up to isolate whatever you're after. Not perfect, but practical (on a small scale at least).

instagator82

Thanks. I tried that before but it takes too much time and I don't have the attention span for it. Thanks for the reply

JakeJ

You can try this for ripping stuff from a game: http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm it worked for me, but sometimes some of the models and stuff are all in one spot, or oriented weird, or something like that. And I think you have to be using directx9 for it to work. When it rips stuff it might be kind of a mess, but it works, and it get models, shaders, and textures.
Homemead. I lol'd.

instagator82

Thanks dude I'll give it a try.

instagator82

I get how that could be funny tueidj. I was using my tablet to type and I'm not used to using virtual keyboards. Although I suppose I should have read what I typed before I posted it. Oh well glad I was able to give someone a laugh. It is the best gift you can give a person afterall.