Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Broke something - can't open game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So somehow I broke Dolphin with regards to a specific game. Yesterday, I could launch Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse with no issue. Today it's an infinite black screen, and Dolphin crashes if I try to exit. Doesn't seem to matter which Dolphin version I use.

Log: http://pastebin.com/vhBdCc73

Theory: I deleted my Documents/Dolphin/Wii folder. I managed to recover it (thank goodness, because that was a lot of save data to lose!), but not this one game won't open. Everything else seems to work fine, no other games have issues...could it be because this is a patched game (English Patch + Bugfix patch)? It worked before, but maybe I broke something with regards to how Dolphin loads patches?

EDIT: It's not just that one game. Pokepark Wii has the same issue. No issues noted in any other games.

Also, none of the games files have been edited since the last time I used them - the games themselves seem to be fine.

EDIT 2: Ugh, I guess the save files got corrupted. >_> Why did it have to be the save file of my favorite game. (Fatal Frame. I'm not even sure why I HAVE Pokepark.)

EDIT 3: Deleted all save files, it still won't open...and yet as soon as I point the Wii NAND root to a new folder, it works...
It's possible that the emulator screwed you on that game when those files got deleted and recovered. This thread might give you some insight as well, as unless you closed and ran it more than once yesterday before it stopped working, you could have a similar problem to those guys. This could also just be a problem with your version, that dev build is from some time ago, downloading the latest version is a good first step. If that doesn't work, calculate the MD5 checksum from the game properties "Info" tab and post it here, could also be a bad dump.
I've tried the newest dev version. The ISO is absolutely OK, because if I create a new Wii Nand Root directory for Dolphin it all works fine.
But even when I deleted all save files related to the game and let Dolphin recreate them, as long as they were in the old Wii Nand Directory, it won't work...
OK, SOMEHOW I fixed it by deleting /documents/Dolphin/Wii/title/00000001. Which is weird, because that's NOT where any of the games stored their save data...system menu corruption, maybe. Who cares. Game works. Just posting this here in case anyone else ever has this seriously weird problem.