Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I apply a patch/code for Sunshine Heatwaves?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok.. So yah I am trying to fix the heatwaves as described here
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...o_Sunshine

Anyway I have been having the hardest time figuring this whole thing out.  So if I could get a step by step on applying this code that would be great!

Anyway I have gone to the game->Properties and been trying adding both of the patches (i dont know if im PAL or NTSC ... or what that even means i am in the US) and enabling them seperatly, but there is still heat waves.   If you cant give me a step by step if you could tell me what code goes where.

Also with AR and Geco codes do they not work until the next boot of the game?
(04-20-2015, 08:17 AM)cubby208 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok.. So yah I am trying to fix the heatwaves as described here
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...o_Sunshine

That page only contains codes for making the heat waves work in widescreen, not for getting rid of heat waves.

(04-20-2015, 08:17 AM)cubby208 Wrote: [ -> ](i dont know if im PAL or NTSC ... or what that even means i am in the US)

If you bought the game in the USA, it is the NTSC version. If you want to check which version you have, go to the game properties and check the game ID. GMSE01 is North American NTSC Super Mario Sunshine, while GMSP01 is PAL Super Mario Sunshine. There are also other variations like GMSJ01, Japanese NTSC Super Mario Sunshine, but that version would be rather noticeable because it is in in Japanese.

(04-20-2015, 08:17 AM)cubby208 Wrote: [ -> ]Also with AR and Geco codes do they not work until the next boot of the game?

No, they can be enabled while the game is running.
Sorry for the the misunderstanding. I mearly want to fix the wide-screen error. I just have no clue where to put the code or where to apply it.

I got it from my American version. So it sounds like it is ntsc. It is interesting that American games run at higher fps then others.

@JosJuice
Please I just neeed to know how to apply the patch.