Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuttering with LoZ:TP HD Texture Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

compwagon

Whenever I use Insane Slugs HD Texture Pack, Twilight Princess (Wii) stutters often to the point of being nearly unplayable at points (5fps for up to 2sec at a time), reliably occurring at specific locations (such as when Link passes under the arch as well as when he emerges from it and gets to the right side of the screen at the very beginning of the start-screen cutscene, or when turning quickly in Ordon Village, or just walking around the cave areas of Faron Woods).

I am running a i5-4670 and GTX780 (nvidia power management settings set to max performance for dolphin.exe) with an SSD and 16gb of RAM, and this issue occurs with the exact same severity no matter what settings I use (including 1x IR and no enhancements), full-screen or windowed, OpenGL or D3D, with or without Hyrule Field speedhack. This occurs on official 4.0.2, 4.0-5000, and 4.0-6000 identically. This issue completely resolves (steady 30fps) when Load Custom Textures is turned off, even when running at max IR / AA / AF.

It definitely seems to have to do with the texture pack, but it seems to be noticeably more severe than Youtube videos of this pack. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make this work?

Thank you so much for any help you guys / gals can give!