Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Klonoa - Slow framerate in OpenGL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have issues using D3D so I prefer OpenGL. When I run the game, the framerate is very stuttery while in D3D it runs okay with framerate drops here and there. I also noticed that Dolphin only uses one of my CPU cores with usage at about 20% but has a very high temp. Any solutions?
You probably have dual core disabled. Fix this by going into the config and enabling dual core
Checked and its not the issue. I recently played MGSTTS from start to finish with no problems, I just tested it again and it seems to be running as well as it did.
Nobody else seems to have had this problem. You're using version...oh...uh...

Update Dolphin. Probably should have checked that sooner.
OpenGL runs better on Nvidia Cards than D3D for most games
I've been using a recent build. Its definitely strange given that its meant to be a low-end game.

I just tried it on the stable build in D3D11 it runs absolutely perfectly with no drops (on a recent build D3D drops quite a bit).
Define "a recent build". Your profile says you're running a 3.5 version which is not supported by the forums. If you continue to use that build we cannot help you.
They mentioned that it was D3D, and not 9 or 11, so it's probably safe to assume that it is a 4.0 dev build.

@Oemenia: do you have any enhancements enabled, like increasing IR/AA/AF? Because the GPU requirements for GPUs has increased to allow for more accurate emulation. Check to make sure that you're using your Nvidia GPU, and not the Intel HD one.

Also, what Nvidia driver are you on?
I was on daily build, the game was running slow on OpenGL on both 4.0.2 and a daily. However I did take on board your suggestion and lowered the internal res from 2.5x to 2x and its made a massive difference.

Could it be game related since it such a difference?
It's actually because the GPU thread has increased it's requirements due to becoming more accurate.
Pages: 1 2