Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't get Dolphin to run in Ubuntu 8.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I just downloaded the Linux Package for Dolphin, and I get an error message saying "./Dolphin: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when I try to run it through the terminal. Can anyone tell me what packages I need to install in order to run Dolphin?
(04-05-2009, 01:57 AM)aliendude5300 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I just downloaded the Linux Package for Dolphin, and I get an error message saying "./Dolphin: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when I try to run it through the terminal. Can anyone tell me what packages I need to install in order to run Dolphin?

try this :
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-16.html

maybe this helps ??
(04-05-2009, 03:11 AM)mennodings Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2009, 01:57 AM)aliendude5300 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I just downloaded the Linux Package for Dolphin, and I get an error message saying "./Dolphin: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when I try to run it through the terminal. Can anyone tell me what packages I need to install in order to run Dolphin?

try this :
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-16.html

maybe this helps ??

Sorry, but that doesn't seem to solve my problem.
Since nobody replied, I started trying some things:

First I downloaded and extracted bluez-libs-3.36.
I ran sudo bash to become root and changed to the directory I extracted to.
After running ./configure it said I needed D-Bus library so I tried runnning:
sudo apt-get install libdbus-1-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev
After this I successfully configured bluez, so I ran make followed by make install.
Then I typed exit to go back to being myself instead of root.
I was back in the Dolphin directory but typing ./Dolphin still brings up the same error message. -_-"
(04-05-2009, 06:41 AM)aliendude5300 Wrote: [ -> ]Since nobody replied, I started trying some things:

After this I successfully configured bluez, so I ran make followed by make install.
I was back in the Dolphin directory but typing ./Dolphin still brings up the same error message. -_-"

Also, it appears that I have *some* libbluetooth.so libraries installed:
root@PC:~/Desktop/Binary/Linux-i686$ sudo locate libbluetooth.so
/usr/lib/libbluetooth.so
/usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.3
/usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.3.0.2
(04-05-2009, 06:41 AM)aliendude5300 Wrote: [ -> ]Since nobody replied, I started trying some things:

Also, it appears that I have *some* libbluetooth.so libraries installed:
root@PC:~/Desktop/Binary/Linux-i686$ sudo locate libbluetooth.so
/usr/lib/libbluetooth.so
/usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.3
/usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.3.0.2

Just figured out how to fix this if anyone else has the same problem:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.3.0.2 /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.2
sudo ldconfig
I have this problem but I have no idea what you are talking about because I'm new to linux. I still entered the commands u said but they didn't work...
I had a problem like this or something on Ubuntu 9.04. I believe the simple solution was to install all the proper packages. you should not need to compile your libraries (such as for bluetooth) at all, rather you should just install their packages.

That said, it looks like the problem was that it was looking for version 2 of libbluetooth, rather than version 3. I don't know why that happened.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...pendencies
This is the command to install all the necessary packages. I believe it should work for you guys. Pay no attention to the outdated command in the comments.
sudo apt-get install subversion scons g++ wx2.8-headers libwxbase2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-dbg libwxbase2.8-dev libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dbg libwxgtk2.8-dev libsdl1.2-dev nvidia-cg-toolkit libxxf86vm1-dbg libxxf86vm-dev libxext6-dbg libxext-dev libglew1.5-dev libcairo2-dbg libcairo2-dev libao2 libao-dev libbluetooth-dev
I'm having the same problem trying to get Dolphin running on Ubuntu 9.04. When I try to run ./Dolphin I get
Code:
./Dolphin: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have liblbluetooth3 installed and all the other dependencies. It looks like Dolphin just isn't happy running the latest version of liblbluetooth. Anyway we can get this fixed in the next release? In the mean time, does anyone have a way around this? I tried
Quote:sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.3.0.2 /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.2
sudo ldconfig
but it didn't work for me.

gcp111

(06-15-2009, 01:13 PM)klemperal Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like Dolphin just isn't happy running the latest version of liblbluetooth.

Look in the Ubuntu package repository for libbluetooth2, I guess.

You guys should really compile Dolphin from source (install build-essential and svn, i.e. sudo apt-get install subversion build-essential).

EDIT:
Try compiling from source, read http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...pendencies for dependencies and such...
(06-15-2009, 01:24 PM)gcp111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2009, 01:13 PM)klemperal Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like Dolphin just isn't happy running the latest version of liblbluetooth.

You guys should really compile Dolphin from source (install build-essential and svn, i.e. sudo apt-get install subversion build-essential).

EDIT:
Try compiling from source, read http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...pendencies for dependencies and such...
When I try and compile from source I get the below errors.
Code:
Compiling Build/Linux-i686-release/Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.o
Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.cpp: In function 'void* innerFlush(void*)':
Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.cpp:124: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to 'void*'
scons: *** [Build/Linux-i686-release/Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.o] Error 1

gcp111

(06-15-2009, 01:41 PM)klemperal Wrote: [ -> ]When I try and compile from source I get the below errors.
Code:
Compiling Build/Linux-i686-release/Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.o
Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.cpp: In function 'void* innerFlush(void*)':
Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.cpp:124: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to 'void*'
scons: *** [Build/Linux-i686-release/Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.o] Error 1

Okay, I doubt the Dolphin devs test their code much Tongue

I still don't see why that won't compile though, C++ should allow int to void*

I haven't tried this, but let's see if it'll compile:

Open up Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/EXI_DeviceMemoryCard.cpp

change line 124 from "return 0;" to "return (void*) 0;"
Do the same for line 135.

Hmm...
Pages: 1 2