Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GPU decision time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Titan X or Dual Titan X.
Wait, why would you possibly need Titan SLI? Are you BC mining or something?
I am planning to go SLI, but I may not do it straight away because of the sheer cost. Also, I am going to use my old 780 as a dedicated PhysX card because it seems a better idea than selling a card I know to be a real beast.
This means that I will have 2 cards in the rig as soon as the Titan X arrives.

But, then I will have 3 cards in my rig when I SLI (unless I bench the 780 until I refresh my funds) and for that I am gonna need a new MB, and that's where the options start all over again lol because of the new X99 platform.
A lot of these issues are because I choose poorly on my 1st build 18 months ago, but if I had chosen a MB to run 3 top-end cards then, when all I wanted was a single 780 Lightning, we would have said I was wasting my money.

I have almost bought a Titan X (on the final click to confirm purchase page), just waiting on the store to open because I want to check return policies etc before I buy, also I would have preferred an MSI to match the 780 but I have sourced an Asus one at a good price and in-stock.
Pages: 1 2