Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0-5886 not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Ichiroku

Hello guys,

a friend of mine recently told me that a new netplay version was available. So I tried downloading it, but it has a weird problem.

I copied Dolphin-x64 to a complete new folder, and tried opening Dolphin.exe. But it doesn't do anything.
No new task opens, nothing seems to work.

Older netplay version does work.

If anyone knows what to do, would be great Smile.

Yours faithfully,
Ichiroku.
You copied the folder into the newer version? Why? You probably broke the application by doing that. Game saves, settings, etc. are stored in a completely different location. Download the latest version (4.0-6000) and delete whatever file you had before and it should work fine.
(04-15-2015, 02:22 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]You copied the folder into the newer version? Why? You probably broke the application by doing that.
The way I read it, they copied Dolphin-x64 from the .7z file into a completely new folder, which is exactly how it's supposed to be done. And either way, I don't think it possible to break anything that badly by copying two Dolphin folders into each other.
(04-15-2015, 02:59 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]...
The way I read it, they copied Dolphin-x64 from the .7z file into a completely new folder, which is exactly how it's supposed to be done. And either way, I don't think it possible to break anything that badly by copying two Dolphin folders into each other.

It can break things in certain conditions. Most notably being if you take a dev build and overwrite a stable install folder path (like 4.0/.1/.2)

Ichiroku

Just to clarify, I did NOT copy it into another version of dolphin, I copied it into a folder on my SSD drive, where no dolphin version exists.
(04-15-2015, 06:08 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2015, 02:59 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]...

It can break things in certain conditions. Most notably being if you take a dev build and overwrite a stable install folder path (like 4.0/.1/.2)

Indeed, but it sounds weird to me that Dolphin wouldn't start at all because of it.
Try re-downloading it.
Also make sure you don't have any recommended or optional Windows updates to install.

Ichiroku

(04-15-2015, 07:01 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try re-downloading it.
Also make sure you don't have any recommended or optional Windows updates to install.

It seems like I had 2 optional updates, I installed these and it did not fix the problem.

Edit while typing this: It seems that I have 12 important updates and 1 optional after I did a check hehe. I'll be installing these and checking again now. I'll post back when I find out if it works or not Tongue.
did you make a portable.txt file in the new dolphin directory?

also check the task manager to make sure you don't have any backgrounded instances of the program running.
Ooh, I didn't think of that. Nice catch fenrir
Pages: 1 2