Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can i use statesaves of an x64 dolphin version into an x86 version or vice-versa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bhavin

Few days back my windows crashed and I got a 32 bit windows installed.
I have saved states of wwe 13 in my x64 version(earlier i had 64bit windows)
Now I cannot use that states in my 32bit version.
I was using dolphin 3.0 784 x64 version.
I tried the same 32bit version of 784 but when I load a state,it gives me a message of dolphin has stopped working.
please help.

Also someone give good config for wwe 13.
My specs:
Intel duo 2 core @2.80ghz
Intel g33/31 256 mb
2gb ddr ram
We don't give support on old versions of the emulator.
If it doesn't work when you try to load it in the same version (except for the 32-bit - 64-bit difference), I don't think there's a way to make it work. 32-bit is bad for running Dolphin anyway.
That system is bad for Dolphin regardless of whether 64bit or 32bit, older or newer dev builds. You should upgrade Dolphin to the latest dev build AND upgrade your system or purchase a new system entirely if you can. You certainly won't be playing any games like the game you are trying to play on that system unless slideshows are your thing. According to his specifications op is using an old integrated chip that likely doesn't support the features Dolphin requires and likely still using Windows XP. Even if op had a proper save state from a 32bit, more accurately from the build that op is intending to use I doubt Dolphin would run on that system.

Also, shouldn't this be closed considering op is using an unsupported build and his/her system is too bad for Dolphin?
It might. It didn't always but I forget when they were made compatible.
Hmm I should have woke up before replying. So the op played this game previously which I still can't imagine being playable or enjoyable on that system and swore that game was one that required more resources to run than others. However the save state likely won't work being it was created using the 64-bit version of the emulator and updates can break save states. Not to mention it's an old build lacking many of the improvements, fixes and optimizations within later builds.

I'll leave it open to give the op a chance to reply and update to a supported build such as 4.0.2 or the latest dev builds. I think you are sol with your save state so you will either have to start over or reinstall 64-bit Windows and the build the save state was created with.

Edit: Come to think a bit pointless to leave this open regardless. If the op updates his build the result is the save state still can not be used and if the op sticks with an older unsupported build we can't assist anyway. I'll let someone else make the call here what to do with this..
What about loading the save state in the same Dolphin version used to create it then making a in-game save to import in current builds?