Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What kind of PC do you need to run Mario Galaxy 2 at fullspeed 1080p?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What kind of PC do you need to run Mario Galaxy 2 at full speed in 1080p? Would it be really expensive?
I'm going to buy a new PC soon for Killing Floor 2 so I'm wondering. It just got in my mind while playing the game on my WII again.
Do you have any ideas so far?
(04-12-2015, 11:44 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have anything ideas so far?

What are you talking about?
(04-13-2015, 01:38 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2015, 11:44 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have anything ideas so far?

What are you talking about?

I'm asking if he has an idea of what he wants to buy so far
What's your budget/what do you already have?
(04-13-2015, 08:19 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]What's your budget/what do you already have?
I'm don't know anything I'm going to buy yet since I'm still waiting for killing Floor 2 and it's specs, but I think it'll preferably be around 800, maximum of 1000. 
Other games I'd like to be able to play at 60fps are Unreal Tournament 4 and Overwatch, but those two won't be out there for a while. I could still take the specs of the average
Unreal Engine 4 game into consideration though.
At the moment I have  am Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 TI, an i5-750 and 8 gb ram (Don't know what kind of ram), and ofcourse hard drives, keyboard/mouse and an hd monitor.
Not sure if I'll use much parts of this PC since it's slowly dying but I'll surely use the monitor and mouse/keyboard I have now Tongue. I also want an NVIDIA card.
I was just wondering if a pc of that price at the moment could emulate Mario galaxy 2 or if you need a really really expensive one.
$1000 is more than enough. Dolphin's been getting much faster recently, and Haswell CPUs work really well with it - even the dirt-cheap Pentium G3258 can more or less play everything that's playable.
The 560 TI will be fine for running Dolphin games, including Galaxy 2. This one I just built for you, doesn't include a GPU or RAM because yours are fine, and is about $750, will be able to run any Dolphin game you throw at it. Almost definitely your GPU and RAM are perfectly fine and usable, but you can buy new ones if you so desire.
(04-14-2015, 01:53 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]The 560 TI will be fine for running Dolphin games, including Galaxy 2. This one I just built for you, doesn't include a GPU or RAM because yours are fine, and is about $750, will be able to run any Dolphin game you throw at it. Almost definitely your GPU and RAM are perfectly fine and usable, but you can buy new ones if you so desire.

My CPU couldn't do it though, along with many GC games Tongue.
(04-14-2015, 01:52 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]$1000 is more than enough. Dolphin's been getting much faster recently, and Haswell CPUs work really well with it - even the dirt-cheap Pentium G3258 can more or less play everything that's playable.

That's awesome, Dolphin sure is developing fast! Wish I could say the same thing for N64 emulation..
I wonder how much power accurate wii emulation would cost though, as Higan's accuracy mode is very demanding, and that's SNES.
The build I linked has a CPU included...
Pages: 1 2